+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Things all succsessfull MMO's should have The new standard !!!

Soulwalker

Default Things all succsessfull MMO's should have The new standard !!!

ok before people start in with the trolling and saying crap like "this game is fine the way it is" or "that will ruin the game" these are the best features from all the mmo's ive played, and i have played most of them, and this game has alot of these features already ...i truly think they need to put a raid finder together ASAP people who cant commit to a raiding guild because they have a job/life will miss out on all endgame raiding which is a huge part and the point of an expac imo

1. Raid finder (cross server)
    2. Group dungeon finder (cross server)
    3. pvp que (cross server)
    4. multiple roles/specs and near instant ability to change them
    5. flying mounts
    6. store where u can spend rl money
    7. ability to subscribe and get worthwhile benefits
    8. dye'able armor
    9. decent cosmetic system
    10.cinematics
    11. seasonal, zone, and personal events in game
    12. companions/pets you interact with and everyone gets

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by freefallraistlin View Post
    It may be a possibility in the future. The current system would divide the community up to the point of destruction if there was no new difficulty introduced for it where all raid bosses would be standing still doing nothing.

Exists

Exists

Exists

5. flying mounts
    Not necessary because the game has an even better feature: Porticulums.

Exists

Exists

8. dye'able armor
    Exists

Can't see how much more the current one could be improved

10.cinematics
    I agree here

Exists

What do you mean interact with?
    10 chars for the win >.>

Rift Chaser

100 plat here says OP is less than level 50.

Rift Disciple

i truly think they need to put a raid finder together ASAP people who cant commit to a raiding guild because they have a job/life will miss out on all endgame raiding which is a huge part and the point of an expac imo
    If thats the main Part you are concerned with there are other options. There are quite a lot of video guides out there. Especially for the 10 man Raid and Mount sharax. And with Tyrants Forge being not really a challenge for the Top guilds the first two bosses will receive guides for them aswell. Read those guides, know the fights by heart then you should have no problem hosting those raids yourself. There are many people who have the same issues. Most of the People who have done the content expect you to show achievements which you obviously dont have. But there are many guys out there who lack em aswell. Use the cross server challenge get a roster of appropriate size and try hosting a raid on your own. This is similar to what the raid finder does for you you just need to put in some effort yourself.
    Aloyra- -Mage- -Last Dawn- 9/9 + 2/2 HM | CoA 4/4 Hm + 2/2

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Not going to lie number 12 made me splutter into my coffee....

I'm glad Rift offers most of what's important to you. As a rerolled and playing again 65 I for one would not use raid finder, I need to know whose in my raid and if we're all going to have buffs, put in the same effort if not more and know how to move. Especially the tank. Plus who would lead? The thought of having a raid finder based on just hit requirements in Rift makes me cringe. Imagine the saltiness?

Haven't really seen forums utilized much to form raids on a certain day(s) though have done so via my old guild Tabula Rasa website which was successful. Just throwing out alternatives.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-07-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Can't see how much more the current one could be improved
    It can be improved tons. More cosmetics and more tradeable cosmetics. The assortment in AH is pathetic.
    I know your opinion on Tera but try to disregard the nudity that bothers you for a moment and check out the variety and availability of cosmetics in that game. Hardly anyone is running around with default armor showing and not all models are vulgar.
    In example, my 2 60s when I encountered a weird bug that made it possible to log 2 characters at once. I see less dressed characters in Rift every day.
    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps2mebd8la.jpg

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    It can be improved tons. More cosmetics and more tradeable cosmetics. The assortment in AH is pathetic.
    I know your opinion on Tera but try to disregard the nudity that bothers you for a moment and check out the variety and availability of cosmetics in that game. Hardly anyone is running around with default armor showing and not all models are vulgar.
    In example, my 2 60s when I encountered a weird bug that made it possible to log 2 characters at once. I see less dressed characters in Rift every day.
    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps2mebd8la.jpg
    HELL YES. 80% of all current cosmetics/items are useless for wardrobes, since they're so ugly. i, for one, want more choice.

EDIT : I hate you again for using photobucket. that host can go burn in a pile of its own feces.
    Last edited by mealfrog; 02-07-2015 at 10:09 AM.

ok before people start in with the trolling and saying crap like "this game is fine the way it is" or "that will ruin the game" these are the best features from all the mmo's ive played, and i have played most of them, and this game has alot of these features already ...i truly think they need to put a raid finder together ASAP people who cant commit to a raiding guild because they have a job/life will miss out on all endgame raiding which is a huge part and the point of an expac imo

5. flying mounts
    8. dye'able armor
    10.cinematics
    Did you actually play more then 1 hour of the game? because more than half of this list already exists.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    Did you actually play more then 1 hour of the game? because more than half of this list already exists.
    did u read this post? i said "and this game has alot of these features already"

did u read this post? i said "and this game has alot of these features already"
    Then why even list them?

Soulwalker

I agree. Raid finder is a must for casual players once you finish dungeons. There will be many players who will not need it as they can do top raiding with a guild. However for casuals it is a neccesity in order for the game to continue after dungeons.

Rift Disciple

Raid finder is definitely needed in rift. I personally dont want the commitment of a good raid guild. That is the one thing i hated about being in a guild in wow or an alliance in Eve. I always felt obligated to play when something big was going on. I am in my own guild, i play when i want and do what i want in game with no obligations and love it.

But doing raid content is hard when your not in a guild. And while not having the best gear of the moment doesnt bother me...i feel like im missing out on some content.

Even though we have ports, the flying would still be nice. Ports are similar to flight paths in WoW. I still flew everywhere in WoW. it was more fun and i loved looking at the scenery from above. Some say it would hurt game mechanics and the feel of the game. But from experience, Wow became a lot more interesting once i could fly around the open world. Instead of porting and running around it on land mounts. So im all for flying.

Raid finder can help or hurt a mmo.

Its came help bring more raiding content if there more people doing it to see the content then just the few %. Even if not not super hard. That why good to have 2 level mode, 1 easy one hard. Even if the easy mode don't get unlock until 2 month time so don't kill off the people like to aim to be the first.

But right now let see what they do with the old raid content with IA. To fill in the gap with out needed a raid finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    But right now let see what they do with the old raid content with IA. To fill in the gap with out needed a raid finder.
    Tacitus has stated that he isn't involved with raid content and seems to imply that HK IA won't have raid-style bosses. You might see an IA-level boss like you do in the open world though, but it won't be like a raid finder.

Rift Chaser

ok, lets discuss raid-finder.

do you think, seeing how the current state of the population is, random, unskilled/inexperienced pugs would clear ANY of the raid instances?

how do you think they will solve the raid loot?

what do you think will be the effect on "proper", non-raid-finder raiders?

let me tell you. a raid-finder raid would have to have 3 things :
    1. cake-walk bosses with heavily truncated mechanics to cater to the super-casual/lowest common denominator.
    2. severely reduced currency payout.
    3. gear which must be worse than proper raid gear.

why these 3?

1. otherwise pugs would be able to complete a raid
    2. otherwise regular raiders would run LFR to gain more currency (or have the LFR/normal raid instace locks merged, so once either was done, you couldnt do the other)
    3. look at 2.

imho, it'd be awesome if there never would be a raid finder in rift. seeing people zone into NTE's and perform like mentally challenged chimpanzees has proven time and again that most of rift's population cant perform decently to save their own lives.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast