+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Madcroc

Thread: Shuffle minion cost too much

Rift Disciple

Default Shuffle minion cost too much

I was sending my minions on 8h quests and shuffleing past a couple dimension quests when I noticed, I was spending more Aventurine on shuffleing than I would on hurrying the dimension quests and destroying the loot.
    http://i.imgur.com/heGzoiw.png

Think I shuffled 3 dimension quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcroc View Post
    I was sending my minions on 8h quests and shuffleing past a couple dimension quests when I noticed, I was spending more Aventurine on shuffleing than I would on hurrying the dimension quests and destroying the loot.
    http://i.imgur.com/heGzoiw.png

Think I shuffled 3 dimension quests.
    Think that's expensive? Try recharging their energy.

Four level 65 toons, among others:
    Khazadum@Hailol --- Dixierose@Hailol
    Tempest@Hailol --- Blazes@Hailol

wait for the daily reshuffle and shuffle costs will go down too

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lvj999 View Post
    Think that's expensive? Try recharging their energy.
    Why on earth would you even do that? Im sitting at 28hours worth of 1min quests in stamina.
    I would love a stamina dump.

Plane Walker

Yep, I tried shuffle on 8 hour missions the first day. I did it a few times, got notoriety / dimension missions which I didn't want every time, and the price to re-shuffle kept going up by 35% with each failed try.

Nothing but pure frustration. I don't understand this implementation.

Maybe the developer meant to reduce the price by 35% with each failed try? If someone gets unlucky a few times, why the heck would you raise the price to the sky for him, unless your goal is to piss him off?

I can understand when a company implements something that adds them money but frustrates the customer, but I don't even think this works that way. It just pissed me off and I never looked at the feature again.

Champion of Telara

The cost needs to be at a value that:

- It can be used once or twice if the player doesn't like the current adventure
    - It cannot be used constantly to essentially only get the adventures the player wants without it having a significant negative impact.

You also have to remember that unlike hurrying an adventure, shuffling won't remove stamina from a minion, but you also won't be getting rewards, which I believe don't count anyway since if they did, the player wouldn't want to shuffle.

Well I have bought all 6 slots and have bags and bags of Dim stuff I try to skip over them but for the cost of 10 hr to reshuffle 8 hr. I look at the 10 and do those. I will not reshuffle 10's they're even more. Truthfully I would like to see option for not taking loot and getting more xp from a long run you don't like. That choice would have to happen when you send out of course.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Truthfully I would like to see option for not taking loot and getting more xp from a long run you don't like.
    Thats actually a really good suggestion.

it's not expensive... it's minigame within game, stop taking it so seriously god damn.

I'd make it cost even more than it costs now. Stop asking "cheaper/lower cost" from most f2p game out there. You can farm up adventurines very easily. You get them even from 5/15m missions.

You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting something like this.

#greed

Shuffling works as follows:
    You have a deck of cards.
    You're being handed card X, which you do not want.
    So, you put this card below on the deck, reveiling another card, for cost 20 (example)
    Now, you can have a similar card (same type, Dimension Items (example) which again you do not like.
    To put that card below, it will now cost 36 (example) which is logical, since the chance you have to have a "good card" increased.
    The more you swap cards, the more expensive it becomes...
    All fairly logical, IMHO.
    "Dwarves don't get drunk. They just get less sober."
    "Accidents cause people!"
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ifreet View Post
    it's not expensive... it's minigame within game, stop taking it so seriously god damn.

I'd make it cost even more than it costs now. Stop asking "cheaper/lower cost" from most f2p game out there. You can farm up adventurines very easily. You get them even from 5/15m missions.

You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting something like this.

#greed
    I hate this "it's F2P so stop complaining" argument. It's akin to "haters gonna hate". It's nonsensical. Just because it's free-to-play doesn't mean there aren't legitimate concerns with the game.

Are you honestly saying you have no complaints with the game or any costs associated with it? It's a perfect game?

+ Reply to Thread