+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP - Conquest - Playerbase analysis and potential solutions

Default PvP - Conquest - Playerbase analysis and potential solutions

GENERAL DISCUSSION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF;
    CONQUEST PROBLEMS AND POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS.

Greetings fellow PvP'ers, Interested PvE'ers and developers. I am Operative of Hello Kitty.
    I present a motion to all parties that we discuss in an organized, and professional manner;
    The current issues regarding inbalance in Conquest and realistic solutions for those issues.

REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTING

1. A party [may] post [only] if addressing an issue [which]; Has been presented appropriately.
    2. A party [may] post about an issue [only] if that player [also] posts a solution to [that] issue.
    3. A party [may] discuss an issue [only] if the posts context relates to [that] issues resolution.
    4. A party [may not] post an issue [which]; Does [not] relate to an Conquest issue or solution.
    5. A party [may not] use verbage in posts [which] contains abusive context, or expletives(n.).

Default Issues with people leaving cqs until timer

Issue: I would like to address the issue of players leaving the Conquest prematurely and coming back during timer.

Reason: I feel that Conquest's method of evenly filling teams is being offset by players who become discouraged when faced with larger more organized raid groups. It is a common occurance for players to leave the conquest to come back in at timer, leaving a massive gap in the player count of affected teams. This creates an inability for effective pug or raid leaders to present the numbers necessary to oppose a dominant team, even if they are more tactical.

Solution: I beleive that systems of reward are more effective than punishment, and after briefly discussing this issue in vent with my guildmates, one member mentioned a solution based on the rewards at the end. It consists of tracking an individual players time within CQ which grants them a stacking buff 0.5% chance to loot a heart of the frozen from the chest every 10 minutes they are active within a cq. The timer should also reward players irregardless of victory every 10 minutes with something valuable as well. Perhaps a small amount of fragment of horror? And what about rewards for killing blows to balance it out?

Reason: Buffs stop counting on logoff or dc, and have the potential to only be active within an instance. This method would both prevent people from taking advantage of the system by exiting the cq or "crashing" the game until timer, while also encouraging players to continue PvP'ing in CQ instead of staying in their base and running in circles until timer. Gank squads!
    Last edited by Operative; 01-28-2015 at 10:00 PM.

No, because it would still be random.

I agree with you that CQ (and also Zone Events, WFs, NMR etc.) should reward players on an activity basis (the more useful for your team the more rewards) but I disagree with the buff. It would be much better to do it like with the depleted infinity shards, so rewarding PvP activity with fragments of the heart and put a 1-week CD on the final craft.

I would say that 500 fragments would be fine, with 5-20 per CQ win (depending on activity), 3-5 per WF win and 10 per PvP weekly. This would mean that any core PvPer will get a heart per week (more shouldn't be possible, therefore the CD) and all others approx. every 2-3 weeks. Could also be done like the sparkle quest from fae yule, not only including CQ but all ingame activities, so it would be in favor of more players.

Tbh, I don't like CQ at all. Why? Stillmore winner will be decided in the last 5min, Steppes winner will be decided after the first 5min. Why even bother playing more when CQ is fkd up anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    No, because it would still be random.

I agree with you that CQ (and also Zone Events, WFs, NMR etc.) should reward players on an activity basis (the more useful for your team the more rewards) but I disagree with the buff. It would be much better to do it like with the depleted infinity shards, so rewarding PvP activity with fragments of the heart and put a 1-week CD on the final craft.

I would say that 500 fragments would be fine, with 5-20 per CQ win (depending on activity), 3-5 per WF win and 10 per PvP weekly. This would mean that any core PvPer will get a heart per week (more shouldn't be possible, therefore the CD) and all others approx. every 2-3 weeks. Could also be done like the sparkle quest from fae yule, not only including CQ but all ingame activities, so it would be in favor of more players.

Tbh, I don't like CQ at all. Why? Stillmore winner will be decided in the last 5min, Steppes winner will be decided after the first 5min. Why even bother playing more when CQ is fkd up anyway?
    I appreciate the values that you have contributed to my issue. However no offense intended, but your last sentence was presenting an issue without providing a solution, which is in violation of the laws of context described in rule two potentially, and is certainly in violation of rules of context described in rules five and three.

These rules are delegated carefully to prevent moderators from permanently abandoning this thread due to uncivil discussion and unnecessary opinion with no relevance to context. Please respect the developers by providing constructive feedback which may shed light on these critical issues, which obviously, we are all very passionate about.

Now, for the causes and effects of your proposition in relation to my issue:

I believe that the values themselves in amounts would need to be worked out in PTR, and require thorough testing. I greatly value your outlook on creating heart fragments, and believe that that would be a valuable inclusion into mechanics to promote smaller organized pvp (gank squads) within conquest. That has the potential to promote several gank groups to form into an effective PM in the long term, and prevent the kind of stone running you see in steppes.

And perhaps you would be willing to emphasize more on the determinate factors (which the developers may not be aware of) which do ultimately decide the outcomes of steppes and stillmoor respectively in the first and last of the match which I agree with to be true, and provide potential solutions for those respective issues, and open them for discussion?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Operative View Post
    Issue: I would like to address the issue of players leaving the Conquest prematurely and coming back during timer.

Reason: I feel that Conquest's method of evenly filling teams is being offset by players who become discouraged when faced with larger more organized raid groups. It is a common occurance for players to leave the conquest to come back in at timer, leaving a massive gap in the player count of affected teams. This creates an inability for effective pug or raid leaders to present the numbers necessary to oppose a dominant team, even if they are more tactical.

Solution: I beleive that systems of reward are more effective than punishment, and after briefly discussing this issue in vent with my guildmates, one member mentioned a solution based on the rewards at the end. It consists of tracking an individual players time within CQ which grants them a stacking buff 0.5% chance to loot a heart of the frozen from the chest every 10 minutes they are active within a cq. The timer should also reward players irregardless of victory every 10 minutes with something valuable as well. Perhaps a small amount of fragment of horror? And what about rewards for killing blows to balance it out?

Reason: Buffs stop counting on logoff or dc, and have the potential to only be active within an instance. This method would both prevent people from taking advantage of the system by exiting the cq or "crashing" the game until timer, while also encouraging players to continue PvP'ing in CQ instead of staying in their base and running in circles until timer. Gank squads!

I'm not sure if you understand why this (current) system is good.

1) CQ currently gives you (us) PvP-ers, nothing! You get a chance to loot a box, which gives you a chance to loot an item which actually lowers your stats in PvP.

2) Forcing people to stay for a full length or giving them a debuff for leaving will result in nothing.

3) Remove Heart of the Frozen from CQ, and no PvE-er will ever join CQ and Trion will shut it down because no matter how vocal the PvP community is its 100 times smaller than the PvE one.

Solution: Revert to old PvP gearing system/progression.

In my opinion conquest needs to be reworked totally. The system needs to reward activity and achieving goals continuously but also give other teams a chance to turn the tables. One idea I want to throw in is that the 2 weaker factions get a buff or special abilities when following happens:

- In Stillmoor if one team has more than 50% of control
    - In Steppes if one team has more points than the 2 other together

Those buffs/abilities should have a maximum duration of 5 minutes and will not be renewed, if the dominating team keeps their advantage (if they stay over 50% or still have more pts the buff will just run out -> dominating team succeeded).

If dominating team changes (another team has 50%+ or more points than other 2 together), the other 2 factions will now get the buff.

If a team drops under the criteria and dominates again, buff/abilities will be reapplied again if there were at least 10 minutes between the drop and the new domination.

+ Reply to Thread