+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nithydux
  • 1 Post By ArKthur

Thread: Flying like in Archage!

Soulwalker

Default Flying like in Archage!

Actually you can nearly climb every mountain in Rift with mount, but a flying system also for limited time I would love to have.
    The System like the gliders in Archage for example with the possibilities to craft, upgrade and commerce is a joy. Actually the only thing I miss from Archage after trying it out.

Thanks for reading!

The only thing the gliders were any good for was gliding off to obscure mountaintops to uproot I MEAN PLANT an illegal I MEAN UNPROTECTED farm.

Remember to talk to your children about bureau-compliant farming practices.

Gosh those were fun times.

I'm being pretty serious, though. Without any value in reaching obscure areas I don't see any value in adding gliders to Rift.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    I'm being pretty serious, though. Without any value in reaching obscure areas I don't see any value in adding gliders to Rift.
    On top of this, gliders in AA wouldn't matter if there wasn't fall damage.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Soulwalker

Actually I agree gliders are maybe not strategically necessary, but they are a fun factor like mounts, maybe in PVP they can be a surprise factor too, but for sure it brings new alternatives into gameplay.
    Don't you think ?

Shadowlander

how do you call rift when this expention comes ... RIFT-Age? rift needs something new and interesting but not flying like in every other mmo

fall damage is what Rift needs FFS!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by pmadcat View Post
    Actually I agree gliders are maybe not strategically necessary, but they are a fun factor like mounts, maybe in PVP they can be a surprise factor too, but for sure it brings new alternatives into gameplay.
    Don't you think ?
    Not because a good Idea is taken from another MMO it must be called like that. You don't think that Rift was created without looking at good ideas of other MMO's. And it do not need to look like in that other MMO, it can have differences, other abilities and strategies how to use. The fun part is the important feature for me, for others maybe something different.

Soulwalker

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Todoran View Post
    fall damage is what Rift needs FFS!
    I remember there was a time of having Fall Damage in Rift. Suddenly after the first soul upgrade with the Lightning Striking Warrior and the ability to fall without damage it disappeared.
    I never understood why, fall damage is not that bad and teaches a little bit of respect on heights. Thus with the Flying Glider ... don't fly to high without controlling time .... otherwise you end dead .
    I agree

Telaran

A temporary flight system would be fun I wouldnt recommend flying mounts as most areas will look empty then just like on WoW. Maybe a different kind of flight system for each race or class? mages get like magic wings or if you go with classes lets say pet classes can have flying pets carry them around or something. This is a concept that can be played with to make it fun to use and not just be another method of transport.

Default Flying is FUN ! Areal battles

wouldn't it be fun to PVP on flying mounts..lmao that would really take practise.

gathering (ore, wood, herbs) would be quicker to do if we could fly... not so boring tooo...lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritress View Post
    wouldn't it be fun to PVP on flying mounts..lmao that would really take practise.

gathering (ore, wood, herbs) would be quicker to do if we could fly... not so boring tooo...lolol
    It would also become less profitable if it becomes quicker (due to more supply from more people farming it faster), nullifying the benefit of having quicker gathering.

+ Reply to Thread