+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By The Overseer

Thread: Personal port points

Telaran

Default Personal port points

Hi, i know from an other game a feature wich could be very useful, i'd like something like this also in rift:
    You could mark your current position using an item (buyable or whatever).
    If you later want to return there, you then have this marked position available for porting to.

I always wish this function when questing in areas with no portal in the next 1000 miles, so i either have to continue questing until finished, log out in the wilderness or return home and walk next time all the way again.

Cool

Ohhhh there are many times I have wanted a (Town Portal Scroll)...from that game that won 't be named...

I find it helpful to use other abilities to compensate :

- Summon mailbox (and Patron mailbox) for full bags

- Summon Veteran Vendor for the same reason

- Summon Froup / friend, summon to rift

would be a nice quality of life addition, but not a big deal really - there are many ways around
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Ascendant

It's definitely useful but not required, so it would be best as Patron feature. It may come if they add some after Black Tier (rainbow tier)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    It's definitely useful but not required, so it would be best as Patron feature. It may come if they add some after Black Tier (rainbow tier)
    Agree, features necessary just for our comfort are always good in combination with patron or shop-items paid with credits, so that there is more money for running the game ;)

EQ had that I believe, or something similiar. The other thing cool that EQ had was an option, on logging in, to return home rather than where your CT was last. I used that more than anything.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

It would be nice, but as others said, not needed.

If you max out planar attunement, you will have a ton of portal recalls that will get you in to the portal network, even after your soul recall, portculum summon, tempest bay recall, and if you have patron status, fast pass expire. Then there are special items that will give you even more, recalls, like one to about 4-5 old world recalls, and the quest for both guardian and defiant to recall to their capital city (although the guardians get hosed because it is a 3 time only use item, where as defiants have unlimited ... or at least used to).

Then there are all the guild banners, and rift summons, not to mention patron summon group.

Movement in this game is VERY easy now at higher level.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    It would be nice, but as others said, not needed.

If you max out planar attunement, you will have a ton of portal recalls that will get you in to the portal network, even after your soul recall, portculum summon, tempest bay recall, and if you have patron status, fast pass expire. Then there are special items that will give you even more, recalls, like one to about 4-5 old world recalls, and the quest for both guardian and defiant to recall to their capital city (although the guardians get hosed because it is a 3 time only use item, where as defiants have unlimited ... or at least used to).

Then there are all the guild banners, and rift summons, not to mention patron summon group.

Movement in this game is VERY easy now at higher level.
    Recall is not the problem, the probelm is to get back where you have been where no port is in the vicinity.
    If i am questing in a region without porter and want to quit temporarily (because for example i want to do my christmas quests, or just bored at the moment with that particular quests...). Then i would like to have the possibility to return somehow and continue questing on that location.
    Of course it is not really necessary, but i think a lot of people would appreciate such a possibility and are also willing to pay something for this (i would...)

+ Reply to Thread