+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jilli
  • 1 Post By Dark Mits
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera

Thread: Allow people to do content they like.

Default Allow people to do content they like.

Greetings all

With this hotfix i now feel forced to do pvp weeklies in order to progress my gear in pace with others, previously i had ignored these, but now they are too good to pass up..

Thing is.. i don't like pvp at all.

As such i would like to see the following change:

Merge charges for Warfronts and random expert, granting 2 charges per day, you can use on either NTE or WF as you please.

Enter a weekly for clearing, or doing objectives in, expert dungeons, but only allow either PVP weeklies OR the expert dungeon weeklies.. not both.. same as you did for the NMR dailies. (cq weeklies persist as standalone)

With this people can focus on the content they like, and not have to do content they dislike or lose out on gear progression.

Thanks for your time.
    - Jilli

Champion of Telara

The cap doesn't exist to tell you how much you need to play to progress, it exists to tell you how much you're allowed to progress before halting you so as to not overcome the expected gearing rate. You don't have to do the pvp quests because they're too good, simply do the pve ones and progress accoding to what you earn from those.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jilli View Post
    With this hotfix i now feel forced to do pvp weeklies in order to progress my gear in pace with others, previously i had ignored these, but now they are too good to pass up..
    Feeling forced and being forced are two different things. Even if you turned them in every other week, you are coming out ahead. And if you don't do them at all, does it really matter? What you do ingame is up to you - certain activites are more attractive than others and if they don't fit into your idea of a good time, don't do them. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

I really like the idea behind this though. I don't pvp, so I feel like I'm missing out on the 7 free random pvp charges every week.

They sit there...they taunt me...laughing...

It would be really cool to be able to split them up and have a shared pool that you can either do 14 dungeons and get the rewards or like a 70/30 type thing.

It goes both ways. Many pvpers don't like pve content. I did about a total of 20 dungeons all of SL, so most of my charges were wasted. But, that was my choice.

In NT, I've done more dungeons than warfronts because gearing up via experts is faster and easier than via marauder chests.

The recent change is justified since those weekly quests take longer to complete. Compare it to the 30 IA (45 minutes) or 4 zone events (5 minutes). The pve weeklies are, as a whole, less time-consuming than the pvp weeklies.

Ascendant

As cool as it sounds on paper in reality it causes problems because certain acitivities require group to finish, so the more people is "forced" to do them the shorter the queues are.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

@AlwaysHealNeverDie

Question is if you want pve idiots, like myself, in your wf team to complete their weeklies? if queues is a little longer but, those in has a better idea what they doing, wouldnt that be an acceptable loss?

Rift Disciple

I'm sympathetic to where you're coming from - as a PVE player myself - but it's not that big a deal. These PVE and PVP weeklies that dish out a ton of void stones are simply options to get currency to get better gear and items. That's it. And if you're doing it right, you aren't using void stones to get better armor. You're using void stones for things like synergy crystals, NT notoriety runes, or the earring slots.

Don't give in to the grind. Don't stick with one thing. If you feel forced to do the PVP weeklies, you're letting the game dictate what you do instead of the other way around. Rift has many avenues to avoid the grind. Use them.

The content I like are dimensions and crafting.
    I want to have meaningful progression by doing the content I like too.

Plane Touched

The options exist to allow people to do the content they like. This is the point of having both PvE and PvP options. Some play one, some the other, some both.

The fact that you are tempted to do things you don't really like is purely your own emotions at work. You don't have to 'just because it's there' and those coins are tempting me.

Decide what you like to do and do just that. I don't PvP, I don't do the PvP weeklies because I don't really PvP ever. It's rare for me to join a WF. I do it only when asked by a guildie because they're my guild and they're asking me to join in and make the game more fun. But it's seldom.

I'm not missing out on currency I could gain by not doing what I don't like. That just gives me more time to focus on what I do.

+ Reply to Thread