+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrainHeart

Thread: Clean and Simple PA imrpovements and you

Default Clean and Simple PA imrpovements and you

Like a lot of people, I enjoy the PA system and think it's a great incentive to keep players doing activities to improve their characters despite being max level or BiS. The problem I have with PA is that over the course of it's existence it's a good portion of it has become useless. If you look at your Ascended Powers you'll see a mess of abilities of which you never use.

Clean and Simple PA imrpovements and you-rift-ability-page.jpg

How many of these abilties do you use? How many of them do you have on your bar? Hardly any I'd bet for the majority of the player base. Why do we have 2 soon to be 3 of the same weapon buff in that page? Why do we have so many different buffs, temporary buffs? So many lures and teleports to put on my bars. Sure I can open up my page and click it there, but that's a hassle, let's make things simple.

Combat Buffs
    I think these buffs should be made passive in the ability page and added to Fury of the Ascended, currently you can use all of the combat buffs at once so I don't think it would be game breaking and it would give Fury of the Ascended a real use out of Planar events.

Weapon Buffs
    Either make them % based so they scale, or upon a tier upgrade(picture below) have it completely replace the ability so I only have 1 version of that ability.

Planar Elements
    As the game ages and more content is released, the PA trees had to be expanded into "new" mixed elements, which is fine I guess but what happens after that? More boxed for more elements? Why not simply keep the original elements which actually made sense since we see those planes all the time. Not really a huge deal, but I'd like for things to be made simple, here's one way I'd like to see the system changed.
    Clean and Simple PA imrpovements and you-planar-tree.jpg
    Link if it's too small: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2zs2l9d.jpg

Teleports & Lures
    Teleport -> List -> Click and Teleport.
    Lures -> List for default lures -> Cast Planar Lure
    Make room for the options in the portrair or map area.
    Clean and Simple PA imrpovements and you-room2.pngClean and Simple PA imrpovements and you-room1.jpg
    Last edited by DrainHeart; 01-11-2015 at 02:47 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DrainHeart View Post
    Combat Buffs
    I think these buffs should be made passive in the ability page and added to Fury of the Ascended, currently you can use all of the combat buffs at once so I don't think it would be game breaking and it would give Fury of the Ascended a real use out of Planar events.
    I prefer them seperate from Fury of the Ascended, because they have different duration.
    Weapon Buffs
    Either make them % based so they scale, or upon a tier upgrade(picture below) have it completely replace the ability so I only have 1 version of that ability.
    Not % based, but completely replacing the older one is something I agree with. It's not like I'm going to use 280mana on offhand when I have 360mana.
    Planar Elements
    As the game ages and more content is released, the PA trees had to be expanded into "new" mixed elements, which is fine I guess but what happens after that? More boxed for more elements? Why not simply keep the original elements which actually made sense since we see those planes all the time. Not really a huge deal, but I'd like for things to be made simple, here's one way I'd like to see the system changed.
    I like the mixed elements, though I believe they should also introduce mixed element rifts as well to keep diversity.
    Teleports & Lures
    There is an addon regarding Teleportation, "Teleporter". Seeing it baseline in the game is something I agree with. A similar one for Lures is also something I'd like to see.

Combat Buffs
    I personally forget about these but I do not think they should be passive. It would require a complete rework of them.
    Weapon Buffs
    I would prefer the just replacing with upgraded version option.
    Teleports & Lures
    I like the list option for teleports and lures. I would put it in map myself.

+ Reply to Thread