+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree9Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pls make Frozen Hearts obtainable

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default Pls make Frozen Hearts obtainable

    most players have no chance to receive a frozen heart either because they cant kill the bosses who drops them or they have no luck in the lottery called cq chest. there are plenty of items which could be upgraded by a heart but for most of us there is no way to get it.

    since a frozen heart acts like an accelerator, why cant we buy it?

    - pls sell it for 10-12k fragments, so everyone has a chance to get a heart.
    - or implement a weekly where you get parts of the heart, so it takes 3-4 weeks to complete.

    everything would be better than what we have atm, a carrot on a stick too long (random) only leads to frustration. at least we want to see the carrot!!!

  2. #2
    Telaran Aleitsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Rift is an amazing game, really. Trion did a great job, but they need to start to think.
    Every successful gaming company focus on two things to keep the game alive: a) Make the game addctive so people keep playing. b) Avoid anti-fun mechanics so people don't get to hate playing the game and eventually quit.

    There's a very very huge gap between something that needs an effort to achieve and something that is so frustrating that such thing turns into an anti-fun mechanic.
    And at this point, Trion is at the wrong end of the bridge.

    People are very susceptible to make emotional association to stuff and that, mainly in an gaming environment, decides if a player keeps playing the game by associating stuff he has achieved to a good feeling of progression or leaving for good because he can't stand the extreme level of frustration the game gives to him, which it should not. Ever.

    At this moment "Never" weights way too much in Rift's loot tables. You can achieve Never every day, every try in every effort you make or attempt to. You can keep achieving Never for over and over again until either you give up and leave or until the game comes to an ending season and a newer expansion or version pops up and get a new chance to achieve never forever.

    You can put a lot of effort and hard work on so many stuffs in this game and never get rewarded that it's laughble if not to pit yourself. Most of these things which are unobtainable by other means.

    You can put a lot of work and effort on trying to get a specific weapon and never be rewarded because of any odds that RNG decides to doom you with. Or any other piece of gear you'd want.
    You can try every day for years to get a heart in CQ and never achieve it.

    It's very fun to have to work hard for something and then get it and feel like you really deserve it.

    It's very frustrating and anti-fun to have to rely on luck to get something and never actually see it in the game no matter how much effort and dedication you put on said thing.

    If Trion wants to achieve being a successful gaming comapny, they should let players actually have fun by achieving things by effort. And by that, I mean, let players to X thing N times to get Y reward, instead of measuring effort in how many weeks one have to play the game to make sure people keep playing and the population doesn't fade. That's also dirty, not fun, frustrating and make people tired.
    Last edited by Aleitsel; 01-09-2015 at 07:17 AM.

  3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    68

    Default

    There was a thread about this subject just the other day that you may wish to jump in

    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4984066


    "Let me pose a question to you: What amount of time invested do you think a heart is worth? How many weeks of time (We measure all acquisition in weeks for the most part even if it is partial weeks).

    Would you feel better knowing you could gain a heart after 10 weeks via currency, with a chance to gain one via randomness?

    ~Daglar"

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    How about, makng Heart cost 250-300 Favor Infused Accelerators? 1 cost 10k favor, 300 would cost 3m favor. Getting so much favor would take weeks and Trion would also get something from it , because it could pontentially increase the sale on 160% favor vials.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Amerinan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    How about, makng Heart cost 250-300 Favor Infused Accelerators? 1 cost 10k favor, 300 would cost 3m favor. Getting so much favor would take weeks and Trion would also get something from it , because it could pontentially increase the sale on 160% favor vials.
    inb4 P2W
    Last edited by Amerinan; 01-09-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    There was a thread about this subject just the other day that you may wish to jump in

    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4984066


    "Let me pose a question to you: What amount of time invested do you think a heart is worth? How many weeks of time (We measure all acquisition in weeks for the most part even if it is partial weeks).

    Would you feel better knowing you could gain a heart after 10 weeks via currency, with a chance to gain one via randomness?

    ~Daglar"

    thx, i made a post on the thread mentioned.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Meliannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    286

    Default

    This is kiddy joke random luck 3.0 where effort and dedication, loyalty to the game, deserving mean nothing. all that matters is random luck. Rift used to make sense and reward those who played it with effort, and more importantly it TREATED ALL PLAYERS THE SAME. Do this 10 times you ALL are guaranteed of this piece of gear. Do it 100 times you ALL are Guaranteed this piece of gear etc.. people knew how much time/effort to put in to get that piece of gear, so they decided whether to put in that effort or not. Players were IN CONTROL of their own destiny.

    Let's now look at kiddy 3.0 and Hearts. I was 3rd on my shard to level 65, I have won over 400 CQs and received zero hearts, in fact Trion have given me useless Void stones in about 390 of those 400 chests, 8 times abysmal marks, 2 times frags. zero hearts, ( I have around 3.7 mill VS for no use) I have done over 100 TradeSkill Rifts and received no hearts.
    Now a guildy of mine dinged 65 2 weeks ago, in his first day of 65 he got 2 hearts from cq chests, and 1 heart from the tradeskill rift group doing 10 rifts.
    another guildy of mine dinged 65 a few weeks back also, he got 1 cq heart from cq chest, in first week of 65, and also 2 hearts from his first 20 tradeskill rifts.
    so basically I have played 1500 HOURS for NOTHING, and they have played 4 hours for the rewards, im sure this pattern is repeated elsewhere with other players. How does this make the loyal patron wish to bother playing this kiddy joke game of Random luck? there is no desire, will, or impetus or encouragement to participate when u know you are just going to be cheated by trion forever and ever and others who do not put in 1% of the effort you do reap the rewards of this terribly unfair and disgusting heart drop system.

    Let us look at illuionary Motes: when NMR masteries came out the seal upgrade and the mastery itself was linked to illusionary motes. motes were ofc good ol 3.0 Random Luck drops, way before trion implemented the illusionary mote daily, or decided to put guaranteed motes in chests. In the first 2 months of 3.0 I I opened around 200 NMR chests and got 3 motes; 2months of daily work for 3motes. A guildy of mine who dinged 65 way after me, he was given 17 motes in his first 10 chests. I put in 3 MONTHS of work he gets more than me in 2 hours, gg Trion, genius. Is this fair? no. is the player in control? no. its RNG bloody RNG.

    Let us take Greater essences from PvP wfs chests.
    Again 3rd on my shard to 65, opened maybe 750 of these swine chests and have received ZERO greater essences (trion did torment me and give me a Cleric greater once even tho I am warrior, gg bet u lolled Trion, just like the rogue gear u give me in weekly patron box when u r not giving me yet more VS and a fish).
    same guildy I mentioned above his first DAY at lev 65 he opens 10 random wf boxes and trion gives him 5 Greater essences, wtf.

    Where is the fairness, the parity? it's not even remotely close. How can u justify some players 'earning' essential drops in 1 day while others can burn 10 or 11 MONTHs and get NOTHING? How can anyone sane or anyone who has one iota of consideration for their customers act like this?

    as posters above has stated you are building feelings of resentment, helplessness, powerlessness, frustration and rage at this obesseion you have with random luck > effort. Stop it, Stop it now. Reward loyalty and effort, as we have said 100 times this year and been utterly ignored. gg, live the dream

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Ranting gg no fair on an rng system is quite pointless.

    I have collected hearts from crifts THIS week, I have collected 3 or 4 greaters from pvp chests past month, granted healer ones...

    All down to chance, rift's doing a good job with resisting the temptation to PTW place everything on the credit shop.

    WHEN you land what you are looking for, you will feel better.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleitsel View Post
    Rift is an amazing game, really. Trion did a great job, but they need to start to think.
    Every successful gaming company focus on two things to keep the game alive: a) Make the game addctive so people keep playing. b) Avoid anti-fun mechanics so people don't get to hate playing the game and eventually quit..
    When I am in CQ premade and zero skill faceroll and get free chest and win anything this game is very fun and addictive, when I lose in any cq/wf/dungeon/raid it's very anti-fun.

    This is a hard puzzle to solve.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Zokot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Lockboxes drop hearts don't they? ;)

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    RNG is a fundamental part of the game, so stop qq about it!

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Gamble boxes drop them and they are Bound to account.
    CRifts drop them .. Had 2 this way
    CQ has them in the chest
    T1 bosses drop em

    Plenty of ways to get them.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Meliannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Plenty of ways to get them but you NEVER get them that's the point many people are making if you read,

    ppl winning 100s of CQs, no heart , MONTHs wasted
    ppl doing 40+ TS rifts, NO heart
    MONTHS wasted, effort and time Wasted

    other people 1st day or week lev 65 2 hearts in CQ, 2 hearts in 10 TS rifts

    it's nonsense

    and anyone who simply thinks not getting something u have put MONTHS into is exactly the same as not having fun in 1 lost wf, is simply unable to grasp the reality of the argument, also many wfs u lose ARE fun because they were great games, but its never a great game to waste months doing the same thing over and over again and Never get the drop. It's not about winning or losing, its about MONTHS wasted , EFFOrt TIME wasted.

    RNG is a pox upon the game for the hearts.

    If I get 1 heart in 50 cqs wins and some guy gets 1 heart in 20 cqs well done, that's fine, or if I get a heart in 30 TS rifts and other guy gets a heart in 8 TS rifts, ok great, If I get none in 30 and he gets none in 7 ok, spin on.

    but to have 250 CQ chests, MONTHs wasted, 40+ TS rifts no heart
    and other guy has 1st day./week lev 65 has 2 or 3 hearts already, it's an enormous disparity that is simply unacceptable in terms of parity or fairness.

    as suggested above u could have 1mill favour 1x per month for a heart, or 100NTEs completed 1 x per month for a heart. that way ALL players are treated the same, ALL players know exactly what effort/time they have to put in in order to get their Guaranteed Heart. It puts the player back in control of his decision, not the bloody RNG.

    Allow all players a fair reward for their efforts. And getting NOTHING for 6months +. when others get rewarded after 6 hours is simply NO reward for your efforts.. It's Billy Basics, it's a very bad system. Spin on.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    End of the day, the most reliable way of getting hearts is raiding. Go clear RoF HM, even the first boss HM nets 2 hearts for a clear. bosses 4 and 5 of MS, hearts. Frankly its raiders who need them really as the items you upgrade with them become nerfed in pvp anyways.
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

    Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

  15. #15
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    Plenty of ways to get them but you NEVER get them that's the point many people are making if you read,

    ppl winning 100s of CQs, no heart , MONTHs wasted
    ppl doing 40+ TS rifts, NO heart
    MONTHS wasted, effort and time Wasted

    other people 1st day or week lev 65 2 hearts in CQ, 2 hearts in 10 TS rifts

    it's nonsense

    and anyone who simply thinks not getting something u have put MONTHS into is exactly the same as not having fun in 1 lost wf, is simply unable to grasp the reality of the argument, also many wfs u lose ARE fun because they were great games, but its never a great game to waste months doing the same thing over and over again and Never get the drop. It's not about winning or losing, its about MONTHS wasted , EFFOrt TIME wasted.

    RNG is a pox upon the game for the hearts.

    If I get 1 heart in 50 cqs wins and some guy gets 1 heart in 20 cqs well done, that's fine, or if I get a heart in 30 TS rifts and other guy gets a heart in 8 TS rifts, ok great, If I get none in 30 and he gets none in 7 ok, spin on.

    but to have 250 CQ chests, MONTHs wasted, 40+ TS rifts no heart
    and other guy has 1st day./week lev 65 has 2 or 3 hearts already, it's an enormous disparity that is simply unacceptable in terms of parity or fairness.

    as suggested above u could have 1mill favour 1x per month for a heart, or 100NTEs completed 1 x per month for a heart. that way ALL players are treated the same, ALL players know exactly what effort/time they have to put in in order to get their Guaranteed Heart. It puts the player back in control of his decision, not the bloody RNG.

    Allow all players a fair reward for their efforts. And getting NOTHING for 6months +. when others get rewarded after 6 hours is simply NO reward for your efforts.. It's Billy Basics, it's a very bad system. Spin on.
    Raiding allows you to get Hearts for your raid gear. Everything else gives you a chance at getting a Heart without having to raid. Don't want to deal with rng? Start raiding. As said, you can get up to 4 Hearts in one raid (unless Finric HM gives 2) and it's guaranteed. If you're not in a guild, there's groups going constantly. Depending on your class you don't really need more than 2 or 3 hearts, 4 or 5 if you simply have to have 2 greaters. 10 people running 3/4 HM can get 40 hearts in about 2.5 weeks. And since not everyone has greaters, probably less time. And all of those Hearts are guaranteed. Why should hearts that are not from raids be guaranteed?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts