+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Races

Lightbulb New Races

RIFT needs some new races, we have so many classes to chose from but such a small number of races,only 3 per faction, and to be honest there not so diferent looking, just a human a big human a human with long years and a old midget... trion please add some new races, NOT PANDAS! but a new sea creature as a race or some undead, some dragon like race.... or Angels and Demons, "Cyborgs" ) i dont know, do what ever you guys whant, make something diferent, Thanks and keep up the awesome job.
    Last edited by Todoran; 01-01-2015 at 11:38 PM.

a new race actually takes a TON of work most likely by multiple people, especially if you want it to be something shaped at all differently than what currently exists. sure it is possible, but there are much better ways for the devs to spend their time.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

true, its hard works like everything else, but i really hope to see some new races in the future.

Soulwalker

I doubt trion will add a new race, and tbh rift doesnt need more races. But what i would like to see are perhaps some more stylist options (Haircuts, beards etc)

I would also like to see some new races.

As far as sea people go, I can imagine shark people. But really I don't see the necessity of new races in Rift 6 is enough In my opinion.

I think it would freshen things up, but i can see that it would be a fair amount of work to write one in... however* i dont think it wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility if it was a purchased item... that would pay for itself.

Stick a poll up, find the race... make it.
    Shame there isnt something along the lines of kickstarter to fund BIG player requests.

Last edited by Archaoss; 01-08-2015 at 01:30 AM.
    “[User:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

Soulwalker

+1 I'd love to see some new races! And I wouldn't mind at all if it was only available with credits! (Just like extra hairs etc...)

Great idea! ^^

Who needs races. I want new clothing items, I don't like having to wear a recycled model 4 times for the same gear. Besides, we need hairstyles more than anything. That's great that short hair was given to females to not be stereotyped blah blah blah w/e but when can we get hair that goes to our hips or something. I want long hair, and the hairstyles themselves need improvements...Why does the blondest of blonde options give me black roots <.<

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by krabcat View Post
    a new race actually takes a TON of work most likely by multiple people, especially if you want it to be something shaped at all differently than what currently exists. sure it is possible, but there are much better ways for the devs to spend their time.
    I agree it takes tons of work, however I can also tell you that Rift does a mediocre job with a lot of cosmetics in the game. And this isn't just races. I mean, even the gear cosmetics are weak. And i'm even talking about end game gear. Some of those level 65 daggers look like wooden toy daggers. These top raid earned weapons need to look really cool and majestic.

For all the people saying Rift doesn't need races, they do. One thing players like to do is make themselves stand out from others. Whether it be in gear or look. Rift does an AMAZING job with the dyes, and making gear have different colors, but to be honest here, Rift only has FOUR races. (A human race for each side, dwarves, two kinds of elves, and Bahmis) And on top of a small amount of hair styles to choose from, it becomes boring.

Thumbs down

you cant have new races because is hard work i did not expect this type of answer from a big game like rift.... hmmmm

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Todoran View Post
    big game like rift
    uh, what?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    uh, what?
    is a big game on the f2p market = big game!

Quote Originally Posted by Todoran View Post
    RIFT needs some new races, we have so many classes to chose from but such a small number of races,only 3 per faction, and to be honest there not so diferent looking, just a human a big human a human with long years and a old midget... trion please add some new races, NOT PANDAS! but a new sea creature as a race or some undead, some dragon like race.... or Angels and Demons, "Cyborgs" ) i dont know, do what ever you guys whant, make something diferent, Thanks and keep up the awesome job.
    so... maybe instead of new races they should touch up the models a bit to make them a bit more dynamic and unique? A common complaint I've heard of RIFT is that the character animations and models seem a bit gimpy compared to other MMOs.

The facial customisation is great, but the game could certainly stand to have some posture and body build adjustments on some of the races... and some new animations
    Last edited by Veroth; 01-27-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Default New races with new abilities

Definitely need to mix it up a bit and add new abilities to new races. It makes it fun to see what else we can do with them besides the same old thing with what we got. New clothes and hair can be easily added. New content and races keep the game interesting.

BTW if we are ascended .. wings would be cool as a mount.. even winged boots

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast