+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Separate Dimension Inventory

Default Separate Dimension Inventory

Dimension items are simply out of control. There are such a wide variety of them, and even with reduced payout from minions, we still end up with far more than we can easily manage even with a lot of bag and bank space. I would love to see a collections system similar to Guild Wars 2, where all the various dimension items go into their own separate collection that is accessible in dimensions (and at vendors/auction) instead of wasting space in our bags. It's a far more elegant solution than just having all of the stuff dumped into our bags. A bonus feature would be having the collections broken down into different groups - building blocks, trees, furniture, etc.

Moving Crate ^

Drop it all in a dimension, then simply swap that dimension with another to have it all stored in your Crate. Not sure if the Crate has a Limit tho, mine has a few hundred items in it currently.

That's just a short term solution - they need to improve the way dimension items are handled.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Moving Crate ^

Drop it all in a dimension, then simply swap that dimension with another to have it all stored in your Crate. Not sure if the Crate has a Limit tho, mine has a few hundred items in it currently.
    It does, its limited to whatever your dimensions cap is, and is added to whatever is placed.

So if your limit is 200 items, and you have 150 in the crate, and 50 placed - you cannot place more.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
    Dimension items are simply out of control. There are such a wide variety of them, and even with reduced payout from minions, we still end up with far more than we can easily manage even with a lot of bag and bank space. I would love to see a collections system similar to Guild Wars 2, where all the various dimension items go into their own separate collection that is accessible in dimensions (and at vendors/auction) instead of wasting space in our bags. It's a far more elegant solution than just having all of the stuff dumped into our bags. A bonus feature would be having the collections broken down into different groups - building blocks, trees, furniture, etc.
    As a dimensioneer myself I know how much of a problem inventory space is for dimension items. There is no simple fix for this, anything we do would require a lot of ui engineering time and that has been the reason we haven't been able to do this yet since his time is already dedicated to other ui features.

As a short term "fix" to help we do plan on making something to allow dimensioneers easy regular access to their banks from within their dimensions, I don't have word on what or when this will be. Believe me, I know that doesn't fix it but hopefully that will ease the pain.

I too would love a "collections" type of system broken down into groups, that I agree would be the most ideal solution which I'd love to work on. We have something similar planned for another part of RIFT so perhaps once that feature is implemented, that will pave the way for it to be applied to dimensions.
    Last edited by Gingers; 01-02-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    As a dimensioneer myself I know how much of a problem inventory space is for dimension items. There is no simple fix for this, anything we do would require a lot of ui engineering time and that has been the reason we haven't been able to do this yet since his time is already dedicated to other ui features.

As a short term "fix" to help we do plan on making something to allow dimensioneers easy regular access to their banks from within their dimensions, I don't have word on what or when this will be. Believe me, I know that doesn't fix it but hopefully that will ease the pain.

I too would love a "collections" type of system broken down into groups, that I agree would be the most ideal solution which I'd love to work on. We have something similar planned for another part of RIFT so perhaps once that feature is implemented, that will pave the way for it to be applied to dimensions.
    Would it be possible to add or are there plans in the works to allow us more active dimensions?

Currently I have the limit of 20 at the moment and still have a ton on inactive ones. I would love the option to make all or most of my dimensions active.

<O└d Skool>

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Finally an actual storage answer BUT can I ask why the threads in Dimensions chat aren't being touched? Also why on the last Trion livestream it was stated there were no plans to work on Dimension storage? It is becoming increasingly frustrating that Dimensioneers concerns are being overlooked while suggestion threads can pluck a response it's almost like you are the only person brave enough to. Thanks for taking the time (and no disrespect intended to you or the OP) but what is going on, where is everyone else since October 22nd for Dimension concerns?

EDIT: Dimension Tools allows you to use items straight from your bank will the bank item you refer too be cross account?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-02-2015 at 02:44 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    Would it be possible to add or are there plans in the works to allow us more active dimensions?

Currently I have the limit of 20 at the moment and still have a ton on inactive ones. I would love the option to make all or most of my dimensions active.

Nog have you built 20 Dimensions curious? Such a collection bunny

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Finally an actual storage answer BUT can I ask why the threads in Dimensions chat aren't being touched? Also why on the last Trion livestream it was stated there were no plans to work on Dimension storage? It is becoming increasingly frustrating that Dimensioneers concerns are being overlooked while suggestion threads can pluck a response it's almost like you are the only person brave enough to. Thanks for taking the time (and no disrespect intended to you or the OP) but what is going on, where is everyone else since October 22nd for Dimension concerns?

EDIT: Dimension Tools allows you to use items straight from your bank will the bank item you refer too be cross account?
    Most of the dimension forum posts have suggestions or bugs that I don't have an answer for since they aren't UI related, though I do read through the dimension forums. This particular post was a UI related suggestion that I had some information on so I felt ok about replying.

However you do bring up a legitimate concern and I have relayed your request for more dev activity to the dimension designer, though keep in mind some of the RIFT team is still on vacation.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Most of the dimension forum posts have suggestions or bugs that I don't have an answer for since they aren't UI related, though I do read through the dimension forums. This particular post was a UI related suggestion that I had some information on so I felt ok about replying.

However you do bring up a legitimate concern and I have relayed your request for more dev activity to the dimension designer, though keep in mind some of the RIFT team is still on vacation.
    I think I'm one of the most pro-active community members reminding everyone its holidays however these issues have been abound before 3.0 as far as storage goes (and VFX referring to your post in DImension forums) so rest assured I'm aware it's holidays and yes I understand you are UI related. At the end of the day we all do the best we can and I hope we hear more soon. Cheers.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Thank you for a response about this!

Anyone with a patron pass can bring the banker and guild banker into their dimension currently as a short-term fix on a long cooldown...but what about when the bank (and the 5 tab guild bank) are full? Granted, a lot of my own issues with storage are self-inflicted because I'm snagging deals left and right off the AH as well as rolling in my own and guildies' minion returns. The only other current solution is the storage dimension (or three of them, all with 2k limits and higher).

Whatever is being planned for that other area of Rift, I hope, hope, hope that some kind of account wide option can be utilized for dimensions--or even something else such as some kind of grouping option.

And I do have to agree with Kiwi that we (the dimension community as a whole) would like to hear from someone who works on dimensions not just about the bugs and issues that have been identified, but to get some kind of feedback about whatever suggestions have been floating around.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday vacations and come back to work soon!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks for your input, Gingers. As a UI request, would it be possible to make dimension keys stack? As others have mentioned, some of us are stocking up on these items and they definitely are a space hogger since they don't stack. It would free up a lot of bank/bag space if they did!
    Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

A while ago I've read something (don't remember where) about a future update possibly enabling dreamweavers to salvage dimension items for dream ribbons. Is there anything to this or was that just rumours / wishful thinking? That would probably help a lot with reducing the number of unused dimension items flooding the game. I also could imagine it would be trivial to implement, compared to completely new storage features.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    A while ago I've read something (don't remember where) about a future update possibly enabling dreamweavers to salvage dimension items for dream ribbons. Is there anything to this or was that just rumours / wishful thinking? That would probably help a lot with reducing the number of unused dimension items flooding the game. I also could imagine it would be trivial to implement, compared to completely new storage features.
    On the last Trion livestream of last year it was mentioned that there was no plan to make dimension items salvageable because of sheer amount of items there are.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-03-2015 at 11:11 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Along the UI line any possibility to include something like this into the AH/mailing system?

Auction House/Mail Dimension Item Trading Category Ability

I've turned the idea upside down and see flaws in it but maybe there are solutions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast