+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Imrielle

Thread: Rift Database

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default Rift Database

    If possible, having a working, updated database for item locations and quest would be really helpful. These are one the things this game lacks for newer players. I have looked at all the current websites with DBs, however all of them are incomplete, especially for the 1-49 levels, which is where most new players struggle. Thank you

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Amerinan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    329

    Default

    What exactly do you need a database for at that level? There are in game addons you can use for quests if that is what you need.
    Last edited by Amerinan; 12-24-2014 at 07:35 AM.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

  3. #3
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,751

    Default

    find the planar vendors around. Also, soon (tm), there will be new planar vendors in the cities.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinan View Post
    What exactly do you need a database for at that level? There are in game addons you can use for quests if that is what you need.
    Finding upgrades and such is good, also knowing what monster drops what mats and such helps also. At the moment, it feels like a guessing game. It has discouraged alot of my friends from playing. Players like me like to enjoy the game while leveling before 65, hence taking anywhere up to 3-4 months to reach max level.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Amerinan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Have you tried Magelo? They have a quite extensive DB.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinan View Post
    Have you tried Magelo? They have a quite extensive DB.
    Yes, I have tried it. Below are all the databases I have looked at.

    -rift.magelo (rift.zam)
    -riftspot
    -riftscene
    -riftgrate
    -telarapedia
    -rift.wikia

    If there is one I did not mention, please add. I am really looking for a good site with resources. Thank you.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Except... there *are* database sites that have this information.

    Take Magelo for example, and Thin Hide in specific:

    There is a nice little list that shows you what this is skinned from.

    Copper Ore?
    Oh. A list of the mobs it can be mined from, and a list of what objects it can be mined from, which leads to... Copper Veins!

    Oh. Look, how nice. A map showing their locations, in various zones.

    Curious about loot? Hmm. I wonder what drops in Iron Tombs... Oh, handy, they have a list with that information, too.

    Fine, fine... who cares about dungeons, I want to quest! Wonder what quests exist in Silverwood? Eh, forget those fluffy, frue-frue Guardians, I'd rather see Freemarch. Oh, handy, a full list of the quests... and achievements... and mobs... and so on.

    Sites with good databases exist. Sites with good databases for low levels? Obviously, they exist, since I just linked some of the lowest level stuff there is. This one even links the Planarite vendors, and what can be purchased with that currency (as well as others). I fail to see the reason for the complaint here.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    Except... there *are* database sites that have this information.

    Take Magelo for example, and Thin Hide in specific:

    There is a nice little list that shows you what this is skinned from.

    Copper Ore?
    Oh. A list of the mobs it can be mined from, and a list of what objects it can be mined from, which leads to... Copper Veins!

    Oh. Look, how nice. A map showing their locations, in various zones.

    Curious about loot? Hmm. I wonder what drops in Iron Tombs... Oh, handy, they have a list with that information, too.

    Fine, fine... who cares about dungeons, I want to quest! Wonder what quests exist in Silverwood? Eh, forget those fluffy, frue-frue Guardians, I'd rather see Freemarch. Oh, handy, a full list of the quests... and achievements... and mobs... and so on.

    Sites with good databases exist. Sites with good databases for low levels? Obviously, they exist, since I just linked some of the lowest level stuff there is. This one even links the Planarite vendors, and what can be purchased with that currency (as well as others). I fail to see the reason for the complaint here.
    Sorry, I am not complaining, I am merely stating that there are a lot of things missing for the good part of low leveling.
    Like for instances this staff

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/91EEF.../Crimson-Staff

    Most of the time when I am looking for a certain item or upgrade, I always run into "Unknown Source" - I understand that the loot tables for level 65 are all there, because higher level characters are more important. However for players like me that level up alts exclusively, its really hard. And for new players, its really confusing.
    Last edited by Ezikeo; 12-24-2014 at 08:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    185

    Default

    It isn't that the higher levels are more important, its that the higher levels are more important to *players*. Item drop information is not supplied by Trion, its collected via players. Magelo, for example, uses a program called Magelo Sync to get this data, others were using the Discovery.log file.

    I am assuming that Trion does not provide this particular bit of data because it is easy, as other MMO companies have discovered, for players to take this data and exploit it in various ways. While, yes, we are able to help provide this information - we, as players, are limited in scope as to what we can collect. Because of this limitation, its much, much harder for us to discover that a particular mob drops something that sells for large amounts of currency, and farm the heck out of it. Or, even, that a particular mob directly drops a large amount of currency, and again, farm the heck out of it (this is exactly what happened in another MMO. The company provided a JSON data feed of drop information, players found a mob that dropped a ton of money, and used it to tank the games economy).
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Oh, that makes sense Imrielle. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get that Magelo Sync and help with the low level discoveries.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts