+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dpschick

Thread: Player Created Wardrobe Boxes

Shadowlander

Default Player Created Wardrobe Boxes

While creating a Christmas Wardrobe I had an idea cross my mind and I'll try my best to pitch it.

1. Adding a craftable "Wardrobe Bundle Box" to a profession
    2. Players can then add 1 piece of gear for each slot inside the box to create their "bundle", they can use dye that would remain on the gear before placing it inside allowing customization
    3. Once the gear is inside the box all stats are stripped and of white quality (I just figure I'd throw that in to prevent exploits if there could even be any??? lol)
    4. This would allow players to create bundles and sell them on the auction house.
    5. This would create a market for players who enjoy making wardrobe sets to earn money and selling them to individuals (such as myself) who hate spending time and/or challenged at coordinating clothing.

Feel free to let me know what you think or added ideas for improvement.

Love this idea! Seconded!

Soulwalker

Third. I love it!

I was thinking about something similar to this as well! (To add to that) You could also make boxes for things like potions, or other types of craft-able things.

This would really help guilds; i.e. Giving Guilds the ability to give items (or rewards) in the form of these player made sets.

Plane Touched

As someone who is obsessed with wardrobes, I think this idea is awesome.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Sword of Telara

Why just wardrobe, though?

Back in some game I played (EQ2 maybe?) crafters could sell complete sets of armors, it was great for crafters, and great for new players, since they could get a complete set at once without having to spend all day on the AH searching. Or finding only partial sets that day. Etc.

Okay, it does sound interesting. What current crafted gear is your favorite?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Okay, it does sound interesting. What current crafted gear is your favorite?
    I wasn't focused on crafted gear. My idea was to essentially allow players to create their own wardrobe bundles and sell them. There are some players in the game that know every style and create amazing wardrobes. I'm one that can hardly match my clothes in real life let alone a game. This would basically allow players to pay for their own wardrobe designer in a convient way and fun way.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dpschick View Post
    I wasn't focused on crafted gear. My idea was to essentially allow players to create their own wardrobe bundles and sell them. There are some players in the game that know every style and create amazing wardrobes. I'm one that can hardly match my clothes in real life let alone a game. This would basically allow players to pay for their own wardrobe designer in a convient way and fun way.
    I am one of those "wardrobe crazy" players and the idea sounds wonderful but takes apart the store a lot. I only say this as Dimension blueprints have been on my mind for a long time so I've looked at possibilities inside and out. You would need to change the items, the store, the auction house and implement items to actually bundle OR you could just figure out each item (easily done now they are named when you click on a player) and do it yourself - possibly cheaper.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-23-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I am one of those "wardrobe crazy" players and the idea sounds wonderful but takes apart the store a lot. I only say this as Dimension blueprints have been on my mind for a long time so I've looked at possibilities inside and out. You would need to change the items, the store, the auction house and implement items to actually bundle OR you could just figure out each item (easily done now they are named when you click on a player) and do it yourself - possibly cheaper.
    I feel like it might actually inhance the store by allowing players to show other players the possibility and potential that certain items dyed and combined could give them the look they desire.

A lot of times I see players running round and I think to myself oh wow that looks cool what item is that. So I inspect their wardrobe only to find it's some basic item (that I've seen 1000x) but dyed and combo with boots for instance that gave it a unique look.

As far as designing it yourself, absolutely someone could look figure out the items and make the set themselves which is fine. But let's be honest people would buy the bundle to save the time and hassle.

As a side note this wasn't an idea that was focused around getting rich and capitilizing on the "wardrobe market" but giving players a path to make wardrobe sets to provide for players and earning a like coin for your time and creativity.

Imagine creating a bundle and then selling 5-10x and getting to see players run around in a wardrobe you created.

Tldr: Do this!!! Lol

Plane Touched

I thought about the idea of people just looking at the wardrobe and trying to duplicate it, without buying the bundle, but I think that is kind of a moot point. The idea here isnt to introduce new items into the game, its just a way to repackage old items in a new way.

If someone want to spend hours looking through the ah trying to find the piece that saw in the bundle they can, but I think that would not happen as often as you think. There are lots of people out there who would just buy it cause they like the way it looks.

IMO, this is the best idea for wardrobe-aphyls (like myslef) since the invention of the wardrobe slot.

P.S. To alleviate the issue of someone just finding the pieces themselves, when the items get placed into the box you should remove their names. Moreover, (just my little addition) the name of the player that created the bundle should get added to the items--- e.g. Tunic by Eigenvector.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dpschick View Post
    Imagine creating a bundle and then selling 5-10x and getting to see players run around in a wardrobe you created.
    Heh dig your enthusiasm. I remember wanting this when I farmed Sandcover robes in Shimmersand and wanting to sell the whole set as one...and yes I imagine it a lot but with Dimensions Wardrobes not so much because I like having a unique set. If I see more than a few people wearing the same thing I replace it same goes for my mount.

Shadowlander

need that . want that
    i have some wardrobe sets done for myself , will be nice if we could sell them

+ Reply to Thread