+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekly currency cap

Telaran

Default Weekly currency cap

I'm a raider, who clears 4/4 RoF and 4/5 MS, do all weeklies, (nolifer alert) by Friday-Saturday and I am maxed on every currency ingame atm.

Even with new patron increased weekly caps I still hit it really, really easy.

Apart from social stuff, on Sunday, well today, I have no reason to log in into Rift until the reset on Wednesday.

Today I have 3 random WF/NTE charges + bonus 3/week from patron which by Wednesday will be 10 Random charges I "can't" use because I'm capped on marks.

While I know vast majority of people can't hit the caps, most dedicated raiders do.

I would highly suggest to Trion to take this into consideration ASAP (first thing in 2015) with the new T1 20man coming out, to raise the cap again.

Champion of Telara

If they increase the cap, it means that all prices tied to that currency will have to be increased as well, so as to keep the gearing process at their desired rate. Which means that players that cannot reach that cap as easily or at all would be gearing at a slower pace.

The cap isn't there to punish players that reach it. It exists to not screw over whoever can't reach it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    If they increase the cap, it means that all prices tied to that currency will have to be increased as well, so as to keep the gearing process at their desired rate. Which means that players that cannot reach that cap as easily or at all would be gearing at a slower pace.

The cap isn't there to punish players that reach it. It exists to not screw over whoever can't reach it.
    While I understand your point, this is a punishment for raiders, play Rift 2 days a week is what Trion had in mind for raiders?

Champion of Telara

Let's suppose they did increase the cap to accommodate this change. What effects would exist?

If prices remain unchanged, those who still manage to cap it end up gearing more quickly. Then they reach the point where there is nothing for them to spend that currency with, since no tradeable item exists that they can be used on. So they will be complaining that they have been stockpiling the currency and it's entirely useless.

The cap helps the hardcore community as well. Prevents burnout.

Soulwalker

maybe it's not your thing but for me, i barely can max out my main and then have to do my 3 alts which never comes close. maybe u need an alt?

+ Reply to Thread