+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bring Back Planarite Exchange!

Default Bring Back Planarite Exchange!

I would like to see the sourcestone-for-planarite exchange system brought back. I like being able to give my alts the best gear available and I feel the the amount of time and money I've invested in this game has more than earned the right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithiel View Post
    I would like to see the sourcestone-for-planarite exchange system brought back. I like being able to give my alts the best gear available and I feel the the amount of time and money I've invested in this game has more than earned the right to do so.
    Agree 100% with this.

Oh, I see what happened. They made the same, or equivalent, essences available for real money purchase. Sorry Trion, but that's dirty. I am in fact considering cancelling my subscription and moving to a different game due to this....and I've been with you since this game was called Heroes of Telara, and spent.....well, let's just say I've spent a lot of money on Rift.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

The free transfer of Planarite is unlikely to return since many people used it simply as a way to bypass currency caps and bankroll Planarite.

However there are no tricks or dirty games here - if your desire is to buy gear for alts, you should be able to do so. Just a week ago, my changes went Live to set all that gear to be Bind on Account and hence purchasable for your alts. Now taking a quick glance, it looks like some of the essences got missed, but that would be an oversight and I shall fix those too. If you see any other leveling gear that you would normally purchase with Planarite that you are wanting for an alt that is not currently Bind to Account, then please feel free to (politely) let me know so that I may fix that as well.

I am happy to facilitate the leveling of alts.

Well...you sure told me. I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong. I take it all back and apologize for my hasty and unkind remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The free transfer of Planarite is unlikely to return since many people used it simply as a way to bypass currency caps and bankroll Planarite.
    Looking at OP post.. it doesn't seem that he was asking for planarite transfer between different characters, via vouchers..
    Rather for old sourcestone-for-planarite exchange crates.

If you see any other leveling gear that you would normally purchase with Planarite that you are wanting for an alt that is not currently Bind to Account, then please feel free to (politely) let me know so that I may fix that as well.
    It could be handy if Transplanar Crystals would be BoA.

However there are no tricks or dirty games here - if your desire is to buy gear for alts, you should be able to do so. Just a week ago, my changes went Live to set all that gear to be Bind on Account and hence purchasable for your alts.
    It's nice if you have a main. But it's a bit unfair for newcomers. Imagine someone starting his very first character, and is roaming through Silverwood/Freemarch, trying to gear-up for low-level warfronts.
    - he will eventually stumble upon Planar Vendor, and will see planar focus/essenses he cannot purchase. Pre 3.0 he might have traded sourcestones that he gets as reward from IAs for the extra planarite. He could do more rifts. But by the time he accumulates enough, he is likely to out-level the bracket he wanted to participate in.

P.S. What do you think if it was possible to exchange favor for planarite? Like 10000F for 1000P? I suppose it could be useful for players who level exclusively through warfronts, and are not really interested in closing rifts.

P.P.S. I have noticed, that 6-slot planar foci which you can buy with favor have level 50 requirement. While 6-slotted Master Focus for example, has no level check at all. Is that intended?

Plane Touched

However there are no tricks or dirty games here - if your desire is to buy gear for alts, you should be able to do so. Just a week ago, my changes went Live to set all that gear to be Bind on Account and hence purchasable for your alts. Now taking a quick glance, it looks like some of the essences got missed, but that would be an oversight and I shall fix those too. If you see any other leveling gear that you would normally purchase with Planarite that you are wanting for an alt that is not currently Bind to Account, then please feel free to (politely) let me know so that I may fix that as well.

I must say I am thoroughly satisfied with your responses. Not necessarily always satisfied with the result or idea addressed, but satisfied with your openness, candor, and thorough explanation. Well played.

However there are no tricks or dirty games here - if your desire is to buy gear for alts, you should be able to do so. Just a week ago, my changes went Live to set all that gear to be Bind on Account and hence purchasable for your alts.
    i just took a quick look at the rift store and all of the gear was still bind on pickup
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

For anything I promise in the following, please be aware that even as I am making the changes today, they won't go Live until after the Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by fuuk View Post
    Please make the 7.5k planarite sigil BOA
    Done! All the leveling foci.

Bear in mind that once you put soulbound or BoE essences into a focus, that focus becomes soulbound as long as those essences are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    And omen/quantum sight. Though skills might not fall under gear. But these with that sigil are my first two planatarite buys for alts always.
    Done! (and the related Ascended Powers.) Technically, these are items being sold by the store that are use on pickup. By removing the auto-use flag, it means players will need to do the extra step of using the item to get the ability, but it allows me to make the item account bound.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxQuest View Post
    It could be handy if Transplanar Crystals would be BoA.
    You got it!

It's nice if you have a main. But it's a bit unfair for newcomers. Imagine someone starting his very first character, and is roaming through Silverwood/Freemarch, trying to gear-up for low-level warfronts.
    - he will eventually stumble upon Planar Vendor, and will see planar focus/essenses he cannot purchase. Pre 3.0 he might have traded sourcestones that he gets as reward from IAs for the extra planarite. He could do more rifts. But by the time he accumulates enough, he is likely to out-level the bracket he wanted to participate in.
    Part of my recent (already live) changes actually help the first time players as well - I shifted more of the cost from Planarite to Sourcestone, since there are more sources of Sourcestone in the game now than when we launched. Also, I flattened the first 4 tiers of Sourcestone into just "Sourcestone", so they out-leveling aspect is severely reduced - the Sourcestone you collect at level 10 is useful all the way through level 49.

Hope all of this helps.

You're a sweetheart, Tacitus! Happy holidays!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Much appreciated changes Tacitus! Looking forward to them!

Wow this is awesome, thanks very much!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Part of my recent (already live) changes actually help the first time players as well - I shifted more of the cost from Planarite to Sourcestone, since there are more sources of Sourcestone in the game now than when we launched. Also, I flattened the first 4 tiers of Sourcestone into just "Sourcestone", so they out-leveling aspect is severely reduced - the Sourcestone you collect at level 10 is useful all the way through level 49.

Hope all of this helps.
    It helps Thank you.
    Last edited by MaxQuest; 12-19-2014 at 02:17 AM.

Rift Chaser

Thumbs up

"Quote Originally Posted by Serathe
    And omen/quantum sight. Though skills might not fall under gear. But these with that sigil are my first two planatarite buys for alts always."

Done! (and the related Ascended Powers.) Technically, these are items being sold by the store that are use on pickup. By removing the auto-use flag, it means players will need to do the extra step of using the item to get the ability, but it allows me to make the item account bound.

Hope all of this helps.
    Helps tons. Does little happy dance.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

As a follow up, something else I meant to do a couple of weeks back but forgot about was to add a world gear merchant NPC to the capital cities.

I have finally done so, and it should go Live whenever the rest of the changes listed in this thread do. There will be 2 new NPCs near the IA quest givers in Sanctum and Meridian. One sells the Planar gear sold by the various Rare Planar Merchants in the various different hubs. The other sells focuses and essences (greater and lesser).

I added filtering to these merchants to display gear relevant to your class and level range by default.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast