+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ariftguy
  • 1 Post By AlissaAk

Thread: Forum moderator?

Soulwalker

Default Forum moderator?

Probably get banned from forums for this, but I'm curious why the General Discussion thread is so full of garbage posts. Of the 27 threads there as of the time of this writing, 22 of them were spam.

If I were a F2P player, and I'm not, this might give me an unfavorable view of the company. If they cannot get on top of their own forum, what bugs might I expect in the actual product(s) they offer?

Surely there are ways of blocking this sort of thing or auto-filtering it out once it's posted are there not?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedinghemmie View Post
    Probably get banned from forums for this, but I'm curious why the General Discussion thread is so full of garbage posts. Of the 27 threads there as of the time of this writing, 22 of them were spam.

If I were a F2P player, and I'm not, this might give me an unfavorable view of the company. If they cannot get on top of their own forum, what bugs might I expect in the actual product(s) they offer?

Surely there are ways of blocking this sort of thing or auto-filtering it out once it's posted are there not?

Apparently, that's not the case here. Office hours for moderators. No minions at work here.

Ascendant

It's the daily spam run from Mombai or wherever, been like this for months, for some reason Trion don't care enough to even try to write a crude spam filter and flood controller.

If I were a F2P player, and I'm not, this might give me an unfavorable view of the company.
    That's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Office hours for moderators. No minions at work here.
    They don't have at least one mod from EU? Not a single trust-able volunteer?

Tbh, adding google recaptcha for thread creation wouldn't be that hard. And if there is some Indian, manually entering all that spam, temp IP ban could come handy. Changing proxy and registering again and again, will get simply tiresome.

Not to mention that there are services like Mollom, so the thread won't be even created if it gets flaged as spam.

Nope, been going on for months, no end in sight.

I so want that black magic hot love potion!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

As lots of others have said, they could implement something in the registration process, or heck, add captcha for making new threads or something. I had messaged them awhile ago about it, they said they were working on forum upgrades on their end. I guess since it's such a large forum and used for communication they probably need to make sure everything works before just updating things. Really sucks the spam weekends/nights are still happening though :P

Soulwalker

It's not just this forum, pretty much every popular forum has to deal with this.

Rift Master

And this was the Hearthstone 'General Chat' forums this morning.

http://imgur.com/dE30rSl

Blizzard is not immune either.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ariftguy View Post
    It's not just this forum, pretty much every popular forum has to deal with this.
    This and the response above also valid. Ocho has also responded in case you missed it.

+ Reply to Thread