+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dulge
  • 1 Post By Feraldira

Thread: -Fix -Need rolls on somebody else's equipment.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94

    Angry -Fix -Need rolls on somebody else's equipment.

    On trinkets, neck pieces and rings, any class is able to roll need on them. On guns/bows, any warrior or rogue can roll need on them. The same is true for wands with mages and cleric. Str/Dex weapons always have one stat much higher than the other, which makes it MUCH more useful for either a rogue or a warrior, never have I seen a ranged weapon where both stats are the same. When there's a weapon with higher strength, and it's obviously designed for warriors, only warriors should be able to roll need on it.

    I have seen rogues roll need on my warrior weapons countless times. I also had a mage roll need on an epic strength ring that dropped at the end of a dungeon. Now THAT was frustrating.

    Fix this please.

  2. #2
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulge View Post
    never have I seen a ranged weapon where both stats are the same.
    Sounds like you haven't been playing the game for very long.

    The warrior/rogue and cleric/mage bits have some overlap. Higher tier weapon and accessories are generally upgrades for either class, just that its more beneficial for the 'matching' class.

    As far as weapons go, weapon DPS trumps nearly all other stats on the weapon. Even a tank weapon that's higher tier than the one you're using now is going to give you more dps. So why should a rogue / warrior not be able to roll on something that is literally a legitimate upgrade over what they had?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Click your heels and repeat after me, "It's only 5m gear."

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default

    A rogue can legitimately roll need on any weapon with higher dps. Depending on spec a Rogue may need ranged, main hand, or off hand for max dps. Until this is fixed, no.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    A rogue can legitimately roll need on any weapon with higher dps. Depending on spec a Rogue may need ranged, main hand, or off hand for max dps. Until this is fixed, no.
    You're mistaken. I know for a fact that the dps on offhand weapons doesn't matter. When dual wielding, you're effectively multiplying the dps of your main hand by 1.3, and the offhand is just a stats stick. If you see a rogue running around with a str or int offhand, smack him in the face.

    Just because rogue's CAN use something, doesn't mean they should. In any and all parts of the game weather it be newbie quests, mid level dungeons, and beyond. There is always an option to pick up gear that matches your class. For rogue's rolling on STR weapons, it's usually because they haven't gotten their DEX drop yet.

    Which is worse? A rogue greeding instead of needing on a weapon with a slight dps boost for a few dungeons until he gets the DEX weapon that was designed for him.. or a warrior losing out on the STR weapon that was designed for him, because some rogue decided it would benefit him, and then seeing that SAME rogue get a DEX weapon on the next dungeon, and watching him disenchant that STR weapon that the warrior actually needed.


    If it's not designed for your class, and you want it, you should roll greed on it like everybody else. If you get it, great. If not, the next boss/dungeon might just have something better for you.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Akrylium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulge View Post
    On trinkets, neck pieces and rings, any class is able to roll need on them. On guns/bows, any warrior or rogue can roll need on them. The same is true for wands with mages and cleric. Str/Dex weapons always have one stat much higher than the other, which makes it MUCH more useful for either a rogue or a warrior, never have I seen a ranged weapon where both stats are the same. When there's a weapon with higher strength, and it's obviously designed for warriors, only warriors should be able to roll need on it.

    I have seen rogues roll need on my warrior weapons countless times. I also had a mage roll need on an epic strength ring that dropped at the end of a dungeon. Now THAT was frustrating.

    Fix this please.
    Warriors and rogues can used ranged weapons like guns and bows. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but i think there is a mage that deals physical damage i'm sure it is called harbringer (again I might be completely wrong about this) I haven't brought the souls so I haven't been able to test them, and I haven't even looked up harbs xD
    < R . I . F . T >
    <Akrylium - Mage - Seastone>
    <Mialisha - Cleric - Seastone>
    <Akryrogue - Rogue - Seastone>
    <Black Listed>

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulge View Post
    You're mistaken. I know for a fact that the dps on offhand weapons doesn't matter. When dual wielding, you're effectively multiplying the dps of your main hand by 1.3, and the offhand is just a stats stick.
    A fact you say?

    Quick Strike
    Precision Strike
    Binary Strike
    Double Strike

    Also, ranged weapon dps is not factored into Warrior ranged attacks, it is for Rogues. In fact Rogues are the only calling absolutely required to obtain 3 weapons from the current tier to utilize all their souls.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulge View Post
    You're mistaken. I know for a fact that the dps on offhand weapons doesn't matter.
    Bladedancer says hi.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    855

    Default Improved Need Roll

    all we need is an improved need roll, pls implement one !!!

    we all know that a need overcomes a greed.
    now a need overcomes a need when you play the calling the item is made for.

    this way a cleric can need roll on a mage staff but only receives the item when there is no mage need rolling on it.

    completely removing the need rolls for clerics on mage stuff just leaves them with a greed roll. and we all know ppl greed roll on everything even if they dont have a use for it. that would be very bad for clerics.

    therefore an improved need roll would help both, its a win/win situation.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander Feraldira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    perhaps a split down the line, whereas mages and clerics both use int and wisdom, and rogues and warriors both use Dex and strength, perhaps for items (such as rings) that don't have a class discrimination would at least differentiate between the two subgroups. warriors and rogues can't roll on int/wis items, mages and Clerics can't need roll on Dex items. something simmilar is already in place for things such as armor, shields, and such, so why not rings and necklaces?

    I know this won't solve all of the errant need-rolling, but at least it's a start that everyone can agree on.

    (unless you are one those people that need roll on stuff you already have just to sell and/or runebreak it. but if that's the case who cares about your opinion)
    Last edited by Feraldira; 12-17-2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: grammar corrections

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I agree that as a warrior/Rogues, it seems silly that I can need roll on a Caster neck item. What I think needs to be done is more like adding a runebreak/vendor option so that a true greed roll because you want to use the item could be done. I.E. your options would be Need, Greed, and Runebreak/vendor.

    Now for the part about warrior/rogue and Mage/cleric. If you are in a group that is missing a class. Should the game penalize you because of that lack? Say we have no mages, and clerics want the drop. IMO IF there isnt that third option, then they should be able to need on the item versus a greed roll or sidegrades. I know this is the opposite coin of what the original poster was complaining about, but it does occur.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts