+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dulge

Thread: Fix Warrior Heals -Liberator-

Telaran

Default Fix Warrior Heals -Liberator-

My experience healing as warrior has been overall, pretty great. Many people talk down about warrior healers, but most people for some reason just don't understand how to play Liberator.

The concept is pretty basic. Builders are direct heals. Finishers are HoTs. Two of the HoTs are stackable, one is AoE, the other is single target.

To tank heal, just stack on all of your single target heal over time abilities and maintain them. Use Dichotomy of Pain for extra healing when your HoTs aren't enough.

The major weakness to Liberator is that it's difficult to react quickly to changing situations.

If you're tank healing and suddenly your group starts taking AoE damage. You can't just start healing with AoE and forget about maintaining your heal over time abilities. You can use your channel ability if the group starts taking a lot of damage, you can top the group off with the instant cast AoE heal. But in order to deal with sustained AoE damage, you have to first stack on your AoE HoT to 3 stacks. It's not easy doing this if your group is sustaining heavy damage. Clerics can deal with this situation no problem, but warriors have to carefully manage their attack points to stack and maintain Prolonged Treatment and Mass Casualty response. In order to deliver strong "burst" heals, attack points have to be used by Dichotomy of Pain and Deliverance.

If you don't juggle these attack points correctly, your heal over time effects will expire, and the heal over time effects account for the majority of Liberator heals. Once these fall off, your group is pretty much screwed.

I have 2 things to suggest that might help make Liberator heals more responsive instead of purely proactive.

Rather than have the heal over time effects stack up to 3, make it so the heal over time effects stack only to 1, and they also apply a buff, lets call the buff "Compound". Compound stacks up to 3, and multiplies the effects of Prolonged Healing and Mass Casualty Response by 1 for each stack. The duration of Compound should be considerably longer than Prolonged Healing and Mass Casualty Response. I would say around 25-30 seconds.

This would make it so we can allow the heal over time effects to fall off, yet not have to waste time re-stacking them. 1 cast would be enough to re-activate the full 3 stacks.

I know there are mastery abilities which extend the duration of heal over time effects. The problem with this is that they cause HoTs to heal less per-second. They stretch the effect out further, which weakens Liberator heals considerably.

I would also like to point out the fact that Dichotomy of Pain has only a 30m range, while all other Liberator heals have a 35m range. My theory as to why the range is shorter;
    All Liberator heals have a 35m range by default. There's no range boosting talent for warrior healing spells. Dichotomy of Pain was originally a damage ability, and all Liberator damage abilities have a (boostable with tempest) range of 30m.
    When the developers changed Dichotomy of Pain into a heal spell, I'm pretty sure they intended for it to have the same range as all other Liberator heal spells, but they just forgot to extend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulge View Post

If you're tank healing and suddenly your group starts taking AoE damage. You can't just start healing with AoE and forget about maintaining your heal over time abilities. You can use your channel ability if the group starts taking a lot of damage, you can top the group off with the instant cast AoE heal. But in order to deal with sustained AoE damage, you have to first stack on your AoE HoT to 3 stacks. It's not easy doing this if your group is sustaining heavy damage. Clerics can deal with this situation no problem

you may be thinking about mages that can switch between sustained aoe and ST healing quickly, they can switch vails every 5 seconds. most healing clerics use purifier for ST healing, especially in raids but also in experts atm. puri has 2 aoe abilities, a small shield to 10 players for 6-17k(depending on if you crit it and stats) with a bit of healing if it ends early, 1 min cooldown, and an admittedly huge HoT for 25% of their health each sec for 6 sec, 1.5min cooldown. other than that, they can spec into warden a bit and get a 10 person hot for apx 6k over 15 sec(400 hps/person) and a 2 sec cast that hits for apx 4k(2k hps/person). 24k hps might sound like a lot of healing but that assumes no ST healing at all and 2.4k is not going to save you in many situations, with those 2 warden abilities it would take just under 30 sec to full heal a 70k health dps, which would be an eternity to be off of the tank. a mage could switch vails(essentially becoming a full AoE healer), heal everyone up and then switch back to tank heals in FAR less time.

i dont have a raiding warrior so i cant give specific numbers for that but i give the cleric numbers to illustrate that they cant do a ton. warriors however are primarily AoE healers so have a few more powerful options
    Last edited by krabcat; 12-09-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dulge View Post
    I know there are mastery abilities which extend the duration of heal over time effects. The problem with this is that they cause HoTs to heal less per-second. They stretch the effect out further, which weakens Liberator heals considerably.
    That is just a tooltip error, like the DPS increase from having it last longer there is an HPS increase. Also it isn't hard to keep your hot's rolling it is 2 GCD's total. If you keep Mass Casualty Response up and use your Corrective Measures on CD it really isn't hard to deal with AOE on the group.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

+ Reply to Thread