• 3 Post By Todoran
  • 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 2 Post By Leos
  • 2 Post By Slipmat
  • 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Samuraiko

Thread: Dear Trion make more cinematics and trailers

Lightbulb Dear Trion make more cinematics and trailers

the game looks gorgeous very good animations and graphics but u rely to mutch on that on youtube and over the internet.... see how blizzard makes awesome cinematics and wallpapers for a game that looks like crap? Gamers are interested to see the actual game when they see a awsome cinematic or wallpaper. Well ... you can do that to bring more players, its simple make less of these boring trailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP8B...D1FD71D7E6E016 and make more of these kind of trailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhAjTUiHOQU u guys dont have a single worthy wallpaper for my desktop please work on that.
    Last edited by Todoran; 12-03-2014 at 11:16 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

100% Agree I'd love to see CaptainCursor bring more of our stunning game to life with Cole, along with the Siren Song CD (etc). Then again I'd absolutely adore Minions in an actual card form to collect because the art work is so exquisite, Lore books and Rift Merchandise...

I would kill critters for Hellbug and Volan slippers...

Soulwalker

YES! I agree completely this is a great F2P mmorpg I've played so many of them and this one is the best. Even the cash shop is not seen as a necessity but a tool to assist progression. Im surprised they didnt advertised Nightmare Tide more

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

If nothing else, at least an update on the four callings videos would be great !

They still show the first level 50 ones with builds and even souls that are no longer in the game

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If nothing else, at least an update on the four callings videos would be great !

They still show the first level 50 ones with builds and even souls that are no longer in the game
    Yes please and a Minions & Manugo video along with updated time lapse Dimensions video, the first Dimension video has many items not available in game. A fancy video with ALL the hairstyles, wardrobes & cloaks. A Server video - have a certain time everyone show up somewhere on each shard to tribute each shard maybe make it a challenge and go crazy on pinatas or something see who has been server (including shard hops cause its for fun right?) Also like to see more bosses & world events...

And many half naked mermaids. After all they need to get wet.

Champion

would love to see one that showcases the changes from old to new :P from ghetto gear to fancy new raid stuff . what some zones etc looked like til now then explode it with some amazing combat recorded from some of the best raiders ( world firsts for newer content) heck maybe ask the community to help build this epic trailer and reward them .

i def love the idea of getting the community to help build dimension items , costumes , gear set looks , weapons all that fancy stuff but one rare thing i haven't seen was a reward for those raiders who have accomplished so much like the worlds first on some raid content to be included in something like this fan based wall paper art as well would be awesome

For that matter, give the players more tools for making vids of their own, and we will happily showcase the game for you!

But yes, I agree - more kickass trailers are ALWAYS welcome!

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    For that matter, give the players more tools for making vids of their own, and we will happily showcase the game for you!

But yes, I agree - more kickass trailers are ALWAYS welcome!
    There are so many tools out there for free as it is and you have the ability to make 10 minute video's straight from Rift (Settings > Video > Record Video - unsure of hotkeys etc straight off the top of my head) which most games don't do - other than that you're basically asking someone to do it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    There are so many tools out there for free as it is and you have the ability to make 10 minute video's straight from Rift (Settings > Video > Record Video - unsure of hotkeys etc straight off the top of my head) which most games don't do - other than that you're basically asking someone to do it for you...
    I don't mean stuff like FRAPS and the in-game recorder and video editing software - I know all that already. I mean things like camera scripts, being able to place NPCs, access all the FX and assign them independently, etc...

(For example, check out the original Waves of Madness trailer - http://youtu.be/_qMLCko16bc - where the camera goes swooping through Moonshade, zigzagging between the water rifts, before managing a great tracking shot of a rider on horseback. THAT kind of thing.)

For example, I want to be able to do better than this: http://youtu.be/XHcNfaM8C44 (my first Rift vid, made all the way when 1.1 came out!)

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks for the clarification appreciate it and man your video is amazing and would love to see more like that!

In Dimensions using magic carpet add on or Tribal Magic from Dimension Tools offers the ability to zoom in or across. Example:

Odintia @Greybriar does some pretty wicked ones also Example:

And this gem is one of my fave as time lapse is something I would love to master.

Have you tried doing video's on the PTS knowing what you seek is outside of Dimensions? I'm guessing being able to have the tools you ask for would be massive as official video's would have GM God powers to move at will. It would be exciting to be able to do so maybe an on the PTS only thing cause that would be game breaking lol

Please do more video's you are amazing and let us know!

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of asking for stuff like this on the PTS, but I will certainly give it a try!

And I *STILL* want more kickass trailers from RIFT.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Hmmm... I hadn't thought of asking for stuff like this on the PTS, but I will certainly give it a try!

And I *STILL* want more kickass trailers from RIFT.
    Having asked in the past it wasn't doable, we tested an add on for months and used that time to play with all Rift features and improve tutorials - once again it's game changing the kind of tools you are asking for (good luck though if you ask!) I'm just wondering if you tried to film on PTS where NPC's etc are often not surrounded by all the things they are on live (etc)?

+ Reply to Thread