+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Extalius

Thread: Guild Superiority

Soulwalker

Default Guild Superiority

As the title itself says, Guild Superiority.
    Main objective: Disables the inferior promoted Officer/Guild Master to demote its superior Guild Master/Officer. This is applied to all Ranks with Promote/Demote checked.

Example no.1: Guild Master X promoted Officer Y yesterday, Guild Master X promoted Officer Z today, therefore, Officer Z can never demote Officer Y while Officer Y can demote Officer Z.

Example no. 2: Officer Y promoted Officer Z, therefor Officer Z can never demote Officer Y while Officer Y can demote Officer Z.

Example no. 3: Guild Master X promoted Officer Y to Guild Master, therefore New Guild Master Y can never demote Guild Master X while Guild Master X can demote Guild Master Y.

Reason: Guild Security, I know there's no need for this, you promote people the same as your rank because you highly trust them but that doesn't remove the possible environmental threat like the Guild Master was hacked, the Guild Master has a naughty little step brother/sister who has an access to his/her account, the Guild Master has someone who has an access to his/her account, if either one of the external possibility demoted their superior Guild Master and cause crisis in the guild, it might cause into the guild's downfall. I know it's a Guild Master's responsibility to have a well understanding of its members before promoting, but wouldn't be bad to add this type of additional security?
    Last edited by Extalius; 11-28-2014 at 08:35 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Extalius View Post
    I know there's no need for this... I know it's a Guild Master's responsibility to have a well understanding of its members before promoting...?
    Hate to say it but you kind of answered you're own questions even though your questions are valid and Guilds do need a revamp however I would rather see time spent on the Guild Finder UI, Perks perked, incentives for level 25+ guilds, more guild dimensions (etc) than putting in place fixes for mistakes that do happen (we're all human) but shouldn't.

Champion

security is there. if you don't trust anyone much in your own guild that you create set their limits. trion did give us a lot of security features to prevent thefts. i mostly keep my guild for myself but from time to time add someone int o help get them started out to see how they like the game or not. but i never compromise security.

+ Reply to Thread