+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dundrinkin
  • 1 Post By Mausea
  • 1 Post By meph1111
  • 1 Post By Kaltai

Thread: Warning when trying to salvage / runebreak items with runes or orbs.

Plane Touched

Default Warning when trying to salvage / runebreak items with runes or orbs.

So what the tittle says a warning that you're trying to runebreak an item with rune or dream orb when you try to. It has happened to many times that i runebreak something by mistake.
    And i'm surprised this has not been implemented already.

Iyi
    Telaran

I have not made that mistake, yet. What's up with you repeating the same painful mistake?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Opira View Post
    So what the tittle says a warning that you're trying to runebreak an item with rune or dream orb when you try to. It has happened to many times that i runebreak something by mistake.
    And i'm surprised this has not been implemented already.
    People make mistakes, like a kid that touches the hot oven door ... ONCE. Why should my gaming experience suffer just because you are one of those kids that tries and tries again?

Ask people from games where each and every decon job has to be confirmed up to four times just because some people play it stupid. Fun? Nope. Do errors still happen? Yes. Lesson? None learned.

Rift Chaser

I would not be opposed to having a confirmation window on rare stuff, purples and orange ones. But I would hate it to be on any object you can break just to avoid a potential mistake. Let alone force the extra clicks which get tedious fast on everyone.

It's already enough clicking as it is for me. And while i do make mistakes, and yes I have broken stuff that made me face palm and go, i don't believe i just did that. Those occurrences are very rare compared to the times it does go right. It is after all really just a matter of paying attention. I for instance accidentally packed up a fully build 2k item dimension once, and you better be sure I triple check ever since. Same for when there is something in my bags I do not wish to break.
    Last edited by Serathe; 11-23-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Champion

Would like a warning too... since we have sometimes lags and the game freezes, it can be, you click on another item whyever, just to see, what's wrong... and that was the reason, I runebroke my raid gloves instead of the dropped one.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    Would like a warning too... since we have sometimes lags and the game freezes, it can be, you click on another item whyever, just to see, what's wrong... and that was the reason, I runebroke my raid gloves instead of the dropped one.
    I did this with a brand new staff drop from a raid after I upgraded it and placed a rune on it. I got ready to equip it and removed the old piece with the thought to rune break it. In the process somewhere I had lag hit, my screen froze and I had to close the game out.

When I got back into the game, I searched my bag to continue with my intended actions. I did not realize that a random click hit the wrong thing and I broke the new staff by mistake leaving the old one in my bag. I was really upset. Fortunately, the same staff dropped the following week on the same run we did and since I was the only one in the group that could use that, I got it by default.

So I was only out the upgrade and rune that I used to reinvent the new piece. Lesson learned...equip said item first. Then upgrade then rune it after you have it equipped. I've not made that error again.

So sometimes having popup messages for things, even when purchasing, is a wise idea. Its possible the pop up would have prevented the outcome as lag hit and I would have seen that pop up just as the screen froze.

if u runebreak something like that you can always put in a ticket.

Plane Touched

If you have warning messages too often then you stop paying attention to what they say. You could STILL runebreak the wrong item and this time you'd double facepalm, first for making a stupid mistake and secondly for ignoring the warning.

How many times do you runebreak? How many times do you runebreak the wrong item? Hopefully the first number is significantly higher than the second in which case think of all the extra clicks when things are right. If the first and second number are about the same then I don't think a single warning message will help

Prophet of Telara

You can submit a ticket to have the broken item restored. I think there's a time limit on how often you can do that though.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

+ Reply to Thread