+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By bctrainers
  • 4 Post By VolitheBear
  • 1 Post By lvj999

Thread: Patron Idea: Summonable Crafting Station

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Default Patron Idea: Summonable Crafting Station

Would it be possible if patrons could get a new perk for a summonable 'all-in-one' crafting station? All-in-one meaning, you summon a single crafting station, and it's a forge, loom, workbench, and a laboratory.

The duration would last for five or ten minutes.

No need to put a NPC next to it, as there's the rift store to buy vendor items from.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Would it be possible if patrons could get a new perk for a summonable 'all-in-one' crafting station? All-in-one meaning, you summon a single crafting station, and it's a forge, loom, workbench, and a laboratory.

No need to put a NPC next to it, as there's the rift store to buy vendor items from.
    Great idea!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post

Or simply add the ability to buy particular workstation to the Cash Shop and place it in your dimension?

Default Same thing

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    Or simply add the ability to buy particular workstation to the Cash Shop and place it in your dimension?
    They already let Dreamweavers place dreamweaving station in their dimension, the other crafting stations should be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by lvj999 View Post
    They already let Dreamweavers place dreamweaving station in their dimension, the other crafting stations should be no different.
    I *think* there's a couple of differences with the DW station and other crafting stations: first, dreamweavers don't really make gear - they make fluff; second, while the other crafts DO make dimension items, what they really make is just that: gear. It really isn't a big deal if dreamweavers "live" in their dims making fluff - but it IS a big deal if all the other crafters desert the cities in favor of their "homes". Or at least, while it's not a big deal to some of us, I guess it is to the devs....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Champion of Telara

I know I would not use the city crafting stations if I could have them in my dimension, since I wouldn't have low fps and also I wouldn't need to position myself so that I can click the NPC that's hidden from someone else or even move from one station to another.

We already don't use the NPCs to buy items since we can find them quicklier, and without needing to be adjacent to said NPCs, from the Rift Store. Let's not remove another immersion part of the game.

As for why there can be a Dream station in your dimension, my guess is so that you immediately check out what you crafted without having to teleport out/in your dimension every so often. So it has actual gameplay benefits.

+ Reply to Thread