+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Xenoheart
  • 2 Post By Gingers

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Suggestion & Dye Suggestion

Default Crafting Suggestion & Dye Suggestion

My crafting suggestion is similar to how it works currently when you inspect someone and use the shortcut to find a particular item in the Rift Store. It'd be great if we could do the same thing in the crafting menue. I mean this specifically for the crafting reagents like bottles and such that you can only get with in game currency. Then I dont have to go to the NPC or to the rift store and search just to buy 3 bottles, it'll just pull it up with the shortcut. I already know you guys have the desire to have the ability to automatically search the auction hall while at a crafting station in this manner, but for items that need to be crafted or created rather than reagents that only cost plat. The reagent one I think would be easier to implement.

My second crafting suggestion is similar to the above, but would be a check box for "Automatically Purchase Reagents". In this way, I'd never have to carry excessive amounts of reagents you can only get via plat from an NPC in my bags. Whenever I craft an item, with the check mark on, it'll automatically purchase necessary crafting reagents from the rift store that can be aquired with in game regular currency (not reagents that require marks, or infinity stones, etc...that would not be cool to have on auto). With all my crafts at max...this would royally help with my crafting.

My dye suggestion is a system that works similarly to the Diablo III layout when looking at your wardrobe/equipment. In their UI, underneath the gear...similarly to the extra text you see with runes or orbs or temporary enhancments...you would see the name of the dye used on that piece. It would fit perfectly in the additional details location for wardrobe items or currently equipped items for either myself or for people inspecting my gear/wardrobe.

Thats all for now!
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I do wish very much that the tooltips for gear would indicate if a dye or dyes have been used on it (if not, it would read: Undyed, or Untinted), and if so, which ones (for Primary and Secondary). This would be such a great QoL improvement! As it is, with no indicators whatsoever, sometimes I have to go through the store and try out dyes to see which match the ones I have used (if I have forgotten), or if I have even used dye at all. This seems an unnecessary waste of time.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    My crafting suggestion is similar to how it works currently when you inspect someone and use the shortcut to find a particular item in the Rift Store. It'd be great if we could do the same thing in the crafting menue. I mean this specifically for the crafting reagents like bottles and such that you can only get with in game currency. Then I dont have to go to the NPC or to the rift store and search just to buy 3 bottles, it'll just pull it up with the shortcut. I already know you guys have the desire to have the ability to automatically search the auction hall while at a crafting station in this manner, but for items that need to be crafted or created rather than reagents that only cost plat. The reagent one I think would be easier to implement.

My second crafting suggestion is similar to the above, but would be a check box for "Automatically Purchase Reagents". In this way, I'd never have to carry excessive amounts of reagents you can only get via plat from an NPC in my bags. Whenever I craft an item, with the check mark on, it'll automatically purchase necessary crafting reagents from the rift store that can be aquired with in game regular currency (not reagents that require marks, or infinity stones, etc...that would not be cool to have on auto). With all my crafts at max...this would royally help with my crafting.

My dye suggestion is a system that works similarly to the Diablo III layout when looking at your wardrobe/equipment. In their UI, underneath the gear...similarly to the extra text you see with runes or orbs or temporary enhancments...you would see the name of the dye used on that piece. It would fit perfectly in the additional details location for wardrobe items or currently equipped items for either myself or for people inspecting my gear/wardrobe.

Thats all for now!
    Actually we do have that first crafting suggestion planned for sometime in the future. The plan is when you're in the Crafting UI and looking at required ingredients, to add a small button next to regents that can already be found on the Rift Store and when clicked, it will skip the store entirely and just show a slider asking how many you want to buy. No promises on if or when this is added though.

As for looking at an item and seeing what dye was used, our UI Engineer had started working on this in the past and it turned out to be a difficult (time consuming) task so it got pushed back, hopefully in the future he may be able to finish that work.

+ Reply to Thread