+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Guidinglite
  • 1 Post By Jirahar

Thread: Please update Infinity Stone rate on Rift Mobile app

Rift Master

Default Please update Infinity Stone rate on Rift Mobile app

Hi. With the conversion of Empyrean to Infinity Sourcestones, the mobile app was updated, but apparently not for level 60. I think it's level 51 when we start getting Infinity Stones on the mobile app now... towards the later 50s the reward size scales to 120ish Infinity stones per win. Hit level 60 and each win plummets to 20-ish infinity stones, which is what it used to be back when Empyreans were awarded on the old system. Hope that makes sense.

Ascendant

If you want currency from the game then play the damn game.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    If you want currency from the game then play the damn game.
    *golfclap*

Rift Chaser

I think it is valid to request updates to the mobile app. I consider it a very nice add-on -- it's great for a quick few minutes at work when I'm on my lunch break, as well as being an excellent way of sending my guild mates a message to let them know I'm running late for a guild meeting.

If we followed the logic of "If you want X, play the game," to its logical conclusion, we wouldn't have the app at all. I'd rather go with, "If you don't like it, don't use it." That way, those of you who don't choose to use the mobile app can leave it for the rest of us to enjoy.

TLR: The mobile app is a good thing, and it's nice to see an MMO developer taking advantage of the smartphone to enhance a game's experience.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jirahar View Post
    I think it is valid to request updates to the mobile app. I consider it a very nice add-on -- it's great for a quick few minutes at work when I'm on my lunch break, as well as being an excellent way of sending my guild mates a message to let them know I'm running late for a guild meeting.

If we followed the logic of "If you want X, play the game," to its logical conclusion, we wouldn't have the app at all. I'd rather go with, "If you don't like it, don't use it." That way, those of you who don't choose to use the mobile app can leave it for the rest of us to enjoy.

TLR: The mobile app is a good thing, and it's nice to see an MMO developer taking advantage of the smartphone to enhance a game's experience.
    I actually tired the app on an android tablet a while ago and it's basic. Now I have no issue with people using it to chat but it should not give in game rewards like currency when playing the game.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Caitie View Post
    it should not give in game rewards like currency when playing the game.
    I would be interested in hearing the reasoning behind this statement.

+ Reply to Thread