+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?

Way back in the day Alsbeth taunted me with her shoes and Asha Catari with her entire outfit...

Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-f.jpg Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-e.jpg

BUT it took 2.5 to remind me thanks to this little swag muffin in Ember Isles...

Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-.jpg

Then updating recent guides & writing a story on Dimension NPC's I thought I'd take a few more pics of NPCs who are just so cute. Some have nice tops like the rosettes on the arm or awesome leggings Rift style like these two...

Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-c.jpg Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-b.jpg
    It would be out of this world to have some mix and match occur (or hats that leave our hair out like this one whose whole outfit is pretty sweet) BUT I would just be happy with new shoes like any of these pictured.

Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-d.jpg

Do you have favorites out there on NPC's? Love to see them and please Trion can we have new shoes?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-18-2014 at 05:26 AM.

I already posted it somewhere.

Oh yes please
    My 2 favourite sets in the game: Alzbeth and Asha. I want both now. I was able to get Alzbeth head piece through artifact set, but nothing else.

We want new shoes and sandals. I cant wear my kelari robe, because I don't have any shoe what fits.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

I want to get the red defiant guards uniforms that you find in the outer camps, and also Sylver Vallis's headgear with the goggles, and the technomancer staffs that Sylver and his ilk use.
    Last edited by Bonzodog; 02-18-2014 at 05:37 AM.

Prophet of Telara

The Alsbeth hat we get for the HK chronicle artifact set doesn't include the hair, sadly

WTB fix for that.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Champion of Telara

My Mage needs Miela's outfit.

And my wife would like high heels, lots and lots of high heels.

Default More Options for shoes!

I agree, would love to be able to purchase shoes, boots, slippers (haha) whatever instead of those not so attractive boots. I bet Trion would make a pretty penny in the Store for us crazy shoe fetish Woman.
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

If they actually designed some cool **** women would buy all of it. Period. (Pun somewhat intended. )

First thing I'll do is probably buy more hair colours.. 'cause HAIR COLOURS!

OH I love Ami Somero's boots! I would love to have some thigh-high boots for my Rogue.

Or some cool black boots like Geena Davis wore in Cutthroat Island!

But the boots should go with pants. I don't wear skirts! hahahaha

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I want to get the red defiant guards uniforms that you find in the outer camps, and also Sylver Vallis's headgear with the goggles, and the technomancer staffs that Sylver and his ilk use.
    We do have -
    Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-kiwi4.jpg

Agreed. We need some strappy sandals!

But I can't talk about shoes without talking about something that irks me to no end: the socks on the Student's Boots! I haven't rocked that prepubescent look since I turned 10. Can we pretty please with a cherry on top have a nice maryjane or t-strap without socks?

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

ive been hoping for http://i61.tinypic.com/qrf1ft.jpg and this http://i58.tinypic.com/2s19nxd.jpg for far toooo long

Sandals definitely love to see them!

Like the queen melia heels to, but would be nice if the toes were covered ^^ and mabye so flat shoes like the heels also covering toes so can still see the skin of the foot (:
    Trion - Please can us girls have some new shoes?-2014-02-18_165710.jpg

Love to see long boot heels and that are tight fitting so that can match some of the leggins on some skirts and outfits or long enough to go over them or be able to remove that leggin part as they get quiet annoying when looking for shoes ^^

P.S. would really like to have Shyla's or Queen melia's out fit.
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 02-18-2014 at 09:23 AM.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

I'd love to have those Farclan sandals. A couple of my characters hail from the Isle and would wear those all the time.
    http://www.faeblightunited.com - A Community Site for Roleplayers on the Faeblight Shard

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Default Well, since you asked..!

So, I wanted to reply to this so you guys haven't thought that we've ignoring these requests, believe me we have seen and noticed them. I'd like to provide some transparency on this:

1 - Why aren't you making high heels?
    Our animation set was done without high heels, it was a choice of one or the other and we chose flat feet so that our ladies can wear armored boots and more sensible shoes while exploring and fighting their way through the world. That said! we can do fairly short heels with a more graceful/pointed toe so we will try to incorporate a few more of these in future costume sets. I know it isn't quite what you wanted but hopefully it will give you a few more options. I wish i could wear heels in game as well..

2 - Why don't we get sandals, bare skin in the shoe?
    *Performance is our #1 issue/priority*, adding bare skin to the foot causes us to add another texture/shader to the model. Characters are a big performance hog so I am trying to be very careful with this and not undo the hard work the engineering team has put into trying to fix some performance issues. Will one sandal cause massive performance implications? No, but it all adds up drop by drop. That said I've got an idea for how to add this to a couple shoes without affecting that issue. I am going to explore this in the future but no promises quite yet until I've tried it out.

3 - Why can't we have tall boots?

The armor parts system doesn't allow for this. Tall boots would need to fit over plate armored thighs and other wider leg sets, plus under skirts. It causes ugly penetration problems. We have 100s of pairs of pants in the game to get tall boots to fit over the majority of them, especially with the big armored knee caps, would produce something you wouldn't want to wear. That said we can kind of fake it, similar to the Silverwood Defender's outfit. we can build a boot like portion into the pants plus add a short boot at the bottom, if you think that is a look you'd like we can add more like that

4 - Why can't we have hats on hair?
    Same answer as the bare feet. We are adding an extra texture/shader to the character. Another drop in the bucket of possibly affecting performance which is a bigger priority.
    Possible solutions to this would be:
    1 - providing wigs to equip as a helmet with bows/hats/tiaras on them
    2 - providing new hair styles with jewelry added to them, similar to the one that exists with the chain on her hair

if you feel like those are interesting to you, or not, please reply I will read it.

5 - Can we have purses? (You did not mention this in the thread, that is saw, but I will address it anyhow)
    We actually got a purse/bag looking great in game but there is a tech issue involved, i would need some extra engineering help to get it working correctly. With everything else we are trying to accomplish right now it is low priority but something I'd like to be looked at eventually down the road. But no promises on this either. We've just seen these requests and I recognize you are asking for it.

6 - making NPC outfits into player outfits?
    We can definitely do this! We'd need to recreate them for players so they may not be EXACTLY the same because of how our armor part system works but it could be close. I've got a list of some of the more requested ones and I've read through the ones in the thread.

All of that said! Please keep making requests even if it involves some of what I've mentioned above! it does not hurt and we enjoy reading your ideas, maybe it will trigger an idea on our end or a way to make a modified version of what you are requesting. We might not notice every single comment since the forums are big but we will try to consider them when they are seen.

PS: whoever requested the umbrella as a pink parasol awhile ago, that will be coming in the near-ish future.

PSS: to Yanicore: in regards to new hair colors (colours), if you could give me an idea of what range of colors you feel like you are missing we can probably add this in the future. I feel like we added quite a range of colors but we may be missing a few that are important to you and others.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Marigold is my new fave flower and colour.

Thank you for your lengthy and thoughtful response, so nice to have you in our forums.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast