+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WildKatt
  • 1 Post By July13th

Thread: Mount Idea: 2 Seater

Default Mount Idea: 2 Seater

Title says it all.

Dear Gamer community and/or Daglar,
    throughout my travels in Rift leveling and so forth I have accumulated a plethora of mounts to show off to my friends and ride around the world of Telara, However I really think adding a mount that can carry one or maybe even 2 of my friends would be great!

Yes wow did it, i don't care.

Some of my friends when leveling with me will have to go AFK, or don't do so well at following... this would not only help with that but just plane be fun to carry my friends and guild members around.

I would love to see this in the game either through the cash shop ( maybe some form in cash shop) or in game through a vendor from reputation ( even if its ridiculous id still do it to be honest ) or form some kind of achievement... however i would shy away from an achievement mount being functional on that level because once it becomes old content a lot of people will find it difficult to achieve... nor will a lot of people have access to this mount if its some form of raiding achievement.

I think for the current expansion Storm Legion with some of the new animals and monsters this could be done using a newer model. Maybe a flightless dragon, or a machine of some kind.

Let me know your thoughts, ideas, etc.

P.S I love you,
    WizardSleeve@Greybriar
    HotGarbage | Healer | PRIME

I really like the idea but I think it would promote more leeching.

I like it. Can't see much practical use aside from giving a friend a tour, or getting them through a higher area, (With you having a faster mount speed etc) but I like it.

Ascendant

great feature for multi boxers as well :P

Also, please Trion, I wanna carry my whole guild on my squirrel
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Soulwalker

Default +1

I'll take a multi mount cause I've had a few times when my friend could afford te 150 mount I have and they couldn't keep up
    Or they got stuck on some flat ground and I didn't notice cause they behind me where I could see

Quote Originally Posted by chewychunga View Post
    I'll take a multi mount cause I've had a few times when my friend could afford te 150 mount I have and they couldn't keep up
    Or they got stuck on some flat ground and I didn't notice cause they behind me where I could see
    An alternative to this would be some parties - not sure where you would limit it - being able to scale mount speed like you see in IA.

I think the 2-seater mount idea is a novel one, I'd love to see it, though not sure on the practical use other than a friend that you know is going AFK for a short period of time, but what happens when you dismount? Does it stay there with your friend on it, waiting for you to get back on? In that case, it'd be different to every other mount so far, and would potentially mean significant changes code-wise.

That said, I'd love to see it
    Last edited by Hewi; 01-23-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Not exactly the same thing but perhaps add to the Rift Store a *scaling potion* that would allow you (like someone mentioned above) to ride as fast as the fastest mount in the group/raid for 30 minutes.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Telaran

Considering that the mentoring system and Ascend-A-Friend are too convenient to not be related in marketing, a form of transportation that can carry more than one character is a great idea.

The idea is intriguing, but the implementation is doubtful since it would diminish the value of summoning and rally banners. Or it may have the opposite affect... why waste money on a mount when I can just summon them?

+ Reply to Thread