+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improved Leveling System

Soulwalker

Default Improved Leveling System

So im almost level 60 on my war, and as i was looking at my xp bar, i thought that it might be cool if while you level up, or your exp bar filled up, you would slowly gain some of the stats that you would gain when you were the next level, now you would still have to hit the next level to unlock the rest of the stat gain, and to unlock any gear or abilitiy level requirements, but to slowly gain the base stats as you leveled up would be, interesting, i thought it would be something neat that might improve rift just a little.

Champion of Telara

In the lower levels, you get about 1 Endurance and 1 of your main stat as you level up. It's hard to break that up over the course of a level. Only health and mana (for mana casters) could be broken up to be given in such intervals, and still I don't see how that would be an improvement for game experience.

Why, you level so fast in this game, it really isn't a big deal. Now if you spent a good 20 to 30 hours of play at each level, sure, give 25% of the increase per 25% of the level and one of two skill points for the level mid way, but, that isn't the case. No big deal to take from 10 minutes to 4 hours depending on the level and what you do for XP to get the next level.

Soulwalker

Not everyone levels up so quickly, some people only have time to play an hr here or there, ik someone who has been lvl 23 for the last month, and im mostly talking about 25+ where a level doesnt take a wf and a half.
    Last edited by smoobs; 01-19-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    In the lower levels, you get about 1 Endurance and 1 of your main stat as you level up. It's hard to break that up over the course of a level. Only health and mana (for mana casters) could be broken up to be given in such intervals, and still I don't see how that would be an improvement for game experience.
    It would be improved mostly for the fact that its something not seen before.

Champion of Telara

But you still need to say why it's an improvement over what's already happening. A car race also hasn't been implemented, that doesn't mean it would improve the game if it were.

When you level up, you earn about 1 stat point as stated in your primary stat, 1 Endurance and maybe 1 point in another stat. Not always, but most times. You also earn about 50 hp if I remember correctly and some mana, around 50? What you're saying is that instead of having that set amount handed the moment the bar maxes out, you have it split out at 1 point per 2% of the bar.

I would say that this would be an improvement if it somehow helped the levelling procedure by making it less boring, but it still is the same thing. The amount of health you gain at the same time is too negligible to even be noticeable at such small intervals. The reason you feel more powerful when you level up isn't because you gain 3% more health; it's because due to the scaling of stats, you have less damage resisted against mobs of higher level and you resist more damage of those mobs as well innately (mouse over your armor and resistances to notice this). You also gain 1 or 2 skill points, and those are the ones really affecting your performance. Plus you can equip better gear.

-=EDIT=-
    What you propose actually happens with Planar Attunement. When you level it up, you gain one point that you spend how you see fit. The difference it makes in your performance is infinitesimally small.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; 01-19-2014 at 01:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread