+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You have sent to many messages !oh snap

Rift Disciple

Default You have sent to many messages !oh snap

Oh Trion I have been asking for years for this.. high time 1 wheel to be greased for me ! I am a long time Rift vet . I am tired of getting in game errors sending to much mail to alts ...sigh,,,, cry's .. OK so I do propose as I have for many years now to please add a npc to the already assigned areas in which vaults can be found .. Also would be nice to be in a regular guild and not solo just so I can get items to self . I am not saying to make all bags share able I just would like a added vault to give my alts a place to get items from the mailing service has been a pain for me for years . In search of a vault that's sorta like guild vault size and its ability to (BUY) new pages I know that's a magic word for Trion, now ok come on its brings you moneys and me my wish .. there is plenty of npc's in the Tempest bay area and so far as I looked on both faction sides npc's area here even three I saw standing together
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You have sent to many messages !oh snap-2014-01-17_123928.jpg   You have sent to many messages !oh snap-2014-01-17_124244.jpg  

Many games I've played personal banks are account wide, or at least account wide per server. That would be an improvement. Let all my toons on one server share the same bank then, don't allow soulbound items to go in the personal bank. Just have to salvage or runebreak, or sell those things then put the materials or plat in the bank and, yes we should be able to put plat (even if it's buy a bag of plat) in our personal bank for alts to get.

Champion of Telara

I'm a fun-ruiner, but I actually the problem behind it not being implemented yet:

Those of us with bank-choked mains use our alts as extensions of our banks. We use the mail system to send non-soulbound items there. To send the mail, we actually have to spend a small amount of plat (gold actually). A shared vault would be used mostly to avoid that small gold sink.

So my proposal to this idea would be to implement it, limit it in accepting only items that can be mailed in it, and enforce a "tax" system where every item deposited in that space actually subtracted some of a player's wealth equal to sending it over mail.

I have a guild of ONE, well it looks like more but, that's because it's all my alts. Why because with crafting alts, you simply can't send enough mail to get everything crafted if you have ALL skills across your alts and, with more skills coming soon, that's the only way I could see to get what amounted to an account wide bank, have a guild of just me and my alts. Now that's a costly way to go if you need more than one vault in there (and I do.) but, since we are limited in the number of items per mail and the total number of mails per day, not much choice.

A personal bank should be account wide per server at least or even if upgrading to that cost 300 plat (same as first purchased guild vault.) that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    I have a guild of ONE, well it looks like more but, that's because it's all my alts. Why because with crafting alts, you simply can't send enough mail to get everything crafted if you have ALL skills across your alts
    Back before you could purchase trade skill extensions, I had all the skills spread out across my toons, and not once did I ever have an issue of running out of mail to send, unless you send a single item type per mail.

Given that you can send 6 stacks of 99 whatever per mail, I don't understand how you're running out of 'mail' so quickly. The only way I can run into that limit is after I have been artifact farming and I'm trying to send hundreds of artifacts to other toons.

You can always made a free account, give it a couple of bags, and run it alongside your main character. Trade items across, log over, trade them back.

Since the cap of 200 active auctions per char went live I find my self cursing over the same thing, it's really silly that I can't send as many mails I'd want to my own alts. However a shared vault/stash or what ever you'd like to call it would be quite nice, especially if you got professions that require the same mats on multiple chars.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

At one point I wanted to consolidate goods on one character.

It took me something like four hours because of this quirk.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Ascendant

yes, please get rid of the "you have sent to many messages" when it is your own alts you are sending to

also an account wide bank would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

+ Reply to Thread