+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Streamline Fishing

Telaran

Default Streamline Fishing

I would like to suggest that fishing yield reagents scaled by an amount relative to skill level. For example, a Master might have 25% chance for another reagent, and Grandmaster might be 50%.
    Honestly, fishing is incredibly boring. There are some good buffs, but standing and doing nothing is not something we all like to do. Adding some additional chance for extra reagents would streamline the skill so that it is at least less daunting.

I'd like fishing more if there was a chance to fish up epic gear or epic materials, pets, mounts etc, say for Novice a 0.1% chance, Intermediate a 0.3%, Master 0.5 and, grandmaster 1% chance. Not a big chance but, enough to keep fishing interesting and make it rewarding beyond maximizing the skill.

You know what game had awesome fishing? Ultima Online. You could fish up sea monsters that would drop treasure maps, an SOS that would allow you to fish up a treasure chest at the appropriate location, or a magical net that you could toss in the water to spawn a tougher monster with nice loot. We used to anchor our boats in a closed formation and toss a ton of nets in the middle at the same time for mayhem, death, and loot fest, it was a blast.

Occasionally fishing up an artifact or chest with extremely limited contents in no way compares to fishing up things that provide a new activity. Although the way they think in Rift you would spawn something to get more IS or crafting marks, which would totally miss the point.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Soulwalker

Default Monsters

I think having a small chance to spawn a monster your level would be great for 2 reasons. 1 you could add a small amount of loot for killing it but 2 it would kil all the bots that are fishing even if it's only a 1% chance to spawn you would get attacked on average every stack you fill
    As bots would have to constantly watch the toon and not afk cause otherwise when the came back they would be dead

Quote Originally Posted by chewychunga View Post
    I think having a small chance to spawn a monster your level would be great for 2 reasons. 1 you could add a small amount of loot for killing it but 2 it would kil all the bots that are fishing even if it's only a 1% chance to spawn you would get attacked on average every stack you fill
    As bots would have to constantly watch the toon and not afk cause otherwise when the came back they would be dead
    I think it'd be amusing to see basic bots get smashed by this, to be honest, if a bot is smart enough at this stage to avoid being picked up, something tells me it'd also be able to take out a mob if the need arose.

+ Reply to Thread