+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 1 Post By Phreakuency
  • 1 Post By Kadeth
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake

Thread: Suggestion: Any use *at all* for excess pets.

Default Suggestion: Any use *at all* for excess pets.

So, I don't bother with the pet achievements, and there's two reasons. One is just the usual RNG thing -- I don't want to have to farm up 100 of something for just a chance and it might not even work of getting all eight of a collection.

But the other is that, if I end up with extra pets, they are completely worthless. They can't be sold. They can't be vendored. They can't be salvaged or runebroken or anything. They have no value at all.

So, a suggestion: Make them in some way useful. Maybe extra pets could be traded in for a few snowflakes. Maybe you could have an exchange where you can trade three of any one pet for your choice of another pet of the same rarity. Runebreakable. Salvageable. Used as upgrade components. Anything to make it so there is something to do with them which is in any way preferable to just deleting them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

They become Dimension items and actually live, animated, walking around etc.

I would even be happy if five or ten of them traded to an NPC for one. Take the random 5 duplicates you have, trade for one of the ones you need or want. That or unbind them and just let us trade and sell them, even if they NPC for 1 silver, we'd trade them like artifacts. Let them be artifacts unless collected for dreamweaver for all that goes.

> Used as upgrade components.

This. "To upgrade your T1 sword, insert a cat".

... The cat into the sword, not vice versa.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 01-14-2014 at 08:15 PM.

LOL! love it!

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    So, a suggestion: Make them in some way useful. Maybe extra pets could be traded in for a few snowflakes. Maybe you could have an exchange where you can trade three of any one pet for your choice of another pet of the same rarity. Runebreakable. Salvageable. Used as upgrade components. Anything to make it so there is something to do with them which is in any way preferable to just deleting them.
    I like the idea of exchanging them for world event currency.

Seriously, the white ki rin would have been nice, but I wasn't gonna spend gems or plat to open RNG boxes that gave me everything but the one pet I needed after however many weeks of Fae Yule.

Feel sorry for the people who did spend lots of gems or plat to get them.

In the last week of the event, I was down to just needing Krinkle and Ol'Frosty. I have two extra Forsties sitting in my bags and no Krinkle. Really? My friends all have tons of Krinkles.

I get that you want to make money, but there are times when the stuff in the lock boxes are just junk. The TDQ Box I had from fae yule, I rune broke the item, got two dreaming stars. Now that was worthwhile.

Either make the items tradable, breakable, turn in for currency, or exchange several for one you really want.

The mounts in rift have been somewhat of a disappointment. the Hellbug gives me a concussion, the mech suit makes NO noise unless under attack, the turtles... well just look at a bahmi female sitting on one and you know the problem there.

There is no way to walk a mount or even slow it down. I have 1044 PA spent, I have no choice but to go fast on my mount, any of them.

Prophet of Telara

I hope we can break them down for Dream Weaving or something. That said I've ended up deleting my excess soulbound pets (because for some reason I ended up with two Courages sent to all my characters) so I'll be gutted to miss out on stuff but it's better than not doing anything with them. Bank space is precious.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

I got the wrong impression from the name of the thread - it read, at least to me, as the problem of having a ton of pets in your character window that you never use. In that case, it'd be amusing to be able to put them in dimensions somehow...

As far as multiple drops of the same pet go, after you've sent BoA pets to every character on your account, it'd be great to be able to do something with them and I second this idea, or even just the notion that it'd be nice to have an alternative to getting rid of them.

Even a small amount of currency? Nothing that would make them farm-worthy but better than just getting rid of them?

Telaran

Cant believe no one mentioned this!

We will be having combat companions in patch 3.0 Whether or not they will be our current companions, I do not know, but pets will have a real purpose this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulaeon View Post
    Cant believe no one mentioned this!

We will be having combat companions in patch 3.0 Whether or not they will be our current companions, I do not know, but pets will have a real purpose this year.
    That won't change the fact that once every character on your account has a given pet, additional account-bound copies of that pet are completely worthless to you.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread