+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bctrainers

Thread: Guild Log Adjustment.

Soulwalker

Default Guild Log Adjustment.

As one of the leaders in my guild, I find the log rather clogged with pointless information (achievements?)

I've got a medium-large guild. of just under 400 people.
    It gets old looking at the log, and seeing a ton of achievements. When information such as joins/quits, kicks. who invited who.. Much more important to those who admin guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlessBastard View Post
    It gets old looking at the log, and seeing a ton of achievements. When information such as joins/quits, kicks. who invited who.. Much more important to those who admin guilds.
    I'm with you on this, i'd love to see a separate tab just for the important info like join/quit etc, achievements are fine but as GM of one of the bigger Guilds in just one hour the entire page is full already so unless i have Officers on 24/7 it's also very difficult to keep track of new people joining/leaving etc

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'm with you on this, i'd love to see a separate tab just for the important info like join/quit etc, achievements are fine but as GM of one of the bigger Guilds in just one hour the entire page is full already so unless i have Officers on 24/7 it's also very difficult to keep track of new people joining/leaving etc
    Agreed 100% with both of you. We really do need a little extra in order to keep track of this stuff efficiently without having 2-3 officers online 24/7 to monitor. Same goes with the guildbank, with larger guilds, the logs are wiped out in hours or less, so its almost impossible to keep track of trends, etc. I would even be happy with a /dumplog command, it would at least be a start
    Last edited by SoulshadowDK; 01-14-2014 at 07:24 AM.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

I agree with this one not that I'm in a large guild anymore, but would like to see things other than cheese in the logs.

Bank and money transactions for one.

Prophet of Telara

The log seems to randomly pick and choose what to display as well, sometimes leaving out important details such as join/leaves. More customisable guild logging please (and add guild bank logging to that too).
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I requested the following back in 2011;

Add in some checkmarks at the top of the guild log to filter out the log results. The following options were:

- Guild Settings Edits
    - User Departures/Invites
    - User Demotions/Promotions
    - Dimension Actions
    - Achievements
    - Shard first notifications
    - Misc/Other [all else category]
    --BC

I agree with the OP here, I run into the exact same problems with the same size of guild. A way to filter the information in the log would be much appreciated.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

I think this should be extended from just the Guild Log, to some other areas within the guild window itself.
    The overall management is pretty clunky when you have a large number of members, and being able to filter across both the roster and the guild log would be really handy, for a variety of reasons.
    Everyone interacts with their guild and their guild's management differently, and another thing that comes to mind would be being able to duplicate a guild rank's permissions on top of another rank.

I agree with the OP as well, you should at least have the possibility to filter the log from unwanted stuff.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

+ Reply to Thread