+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Portable Port

Default Portable Port

I would like to see a portable port, sold for Planar tokens, plat, or even credits. A one time use one and a permanent one for a much higher price. It would allow you to mark a map location and, port back to that location later. One location ONLY at a time so you'd need to remove one portable port to place a new one.

Not so useful at lower levels but for the 50+ crowd, it would be nice to zone hop and not have to run back to a quest point that is through mobs and off a few cliffs from the closest port. I think a lot of players would buy them, and if they used it frequently would spend for the permanent (permanent in possession, ports still just one at a time.) one.

That is a really cool idea. The old Might & Magic games had a spell for this, called "Lloyd's Beacon", apparently named after the player (Lloyd) who suggested the feature originally.

There are a lot of times when I get interrupted while out in the middle of nowhere working on a quest, far from any porticulums...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

If you buy the "Infinity edition" pack from the web store, it gives you a "Brevanic Portal" that allows you to open a port anywhere you happen to be.

Telaran

Default port

yeah, to every porter, but there are place, which are hard to reach or far away. So you could set a place and jump to this if you like it (cooldown ofcourse).

Sounds like a good idae!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    If you buy the "Infinity edition" pack from the web store, it gives you a "Brevanic Portal" that allows you to open a port anywhere you happen to be.
    you can buy it directly from the store, no need to get all the extra stuff
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Yes the Brevanic portl is great for going to any porticulum you want. What I am talking about is marking a place that does NOT have a porticulum, recall or port to anywhere you like (like back to Tempest Bay to empty full bags.) then go to the porticulum there, or use the brevanic and be able to teleport back to where you were (the place without a porticulum .)

A mark your own port that only yo and your group can use and, can only be in one location at a time, but stays until you remove it. Perfect for those places that have several quests (daily's or other wise) near an NPC but there is no port close so you either do all the quests or, end up with a 20 minute run back to the area from the closest port. It would be great to be able to place a personal port there and avoid the run back if I got interrupted, had to port to a healer or, to empty bags.

Champion

could you please cite an example of somewhere that is 20 minutes from the closest port? because I'm drawing a blank.

One of the Asora quests for one. By the time you port in, fight your way there, it takes a good 15 to 20 minutes to get to the top of that plateau from the closest port. Fine for the first time going there but, I really expected a port and a camp or village there instead of having to run back up there three times to do quests.

The old world areas have ports close to all of the quest hubs (IPP and Shimmersand being the area with the furthest away in the old world) Brevane and Dusken, not so, there are many areas with quest NPCs as well as areas we farm that are a long way and through several mobs from the ports.

I've abandoned quests (mostly carnage) because I was not about to run and fight my way back to the area a fourth or fifth time.

+ Reply to Thread