+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QOL - Auto Fish Lures

Soulwalker

Default QOL - Auto Fish Lures

I haven't seen this suggested anywhere, but assuming that Trion already takes care of bots why can't we have a toggle for fishing lures to auto apply.

i.e. I have 20 Sharpfin lures, as soon as lure 1 runs out, it auto applies the next lure to my fishing pole.

Champion of Telara

When will the game know when to stop auto-applying?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    When will the game know when to stop auto-applying?
    You could have it as a toggle like the pet action bar

Champion of Telara

There are over 50 different types of lure in the game, possibly over 70. Assuming that the Sharpfin is just an example, if such a system were to be implemented, it would have to include all lures in the game. That means that the developers would have to implement 70 different toggles. Since all those cannot fit on your screen, they would have to be assigned to a new Ability panel called Fishing/Lures or smth, from where you'd drag them.

This toggle would also have to work in a completely new way, by using materials inside your bags/bank. Not to mention it wouldn't know which Fishing Rod to apply it to, since you aren't restricted to one rod, even if 99.9% of players have only one. It also would have to somehow work around the cast-time when applying the lure, which is a safenet in case you selected the wrong lure. Also, if you accidentally double-clicked the toggle when trying to deactivate, you'd have wasted a lure.

This automation would cause far more problems than it would solve.

+ Reply to Thread