+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Meteorblade

Thread: Soul bound items

Soulwalker

Default Soul bound items

Hello, I am positive I am not the only one who thinks soul bound items should be able to be moved with your other characters. Almost every time I do a dungeon I always end up getting a drop that could benefit one of my other characters and not the one it dropped for.I can understand most items being soul bound but weapons that drop in dungeons sould at least be able to be transferred to characters you own so I don't have to sell or destroy the item and trash its worth to one of my other characters.

Thank you for reading this!

How a bout a buyable tool that changes soulbound to bound to account and unable to sell PERIOD? Say 25 credits buys the tool then you can choose to make a soul bound item account bound and, unsellable.

That will keep people form handing off everything to alts but, the best items would then be able to be sent to alts that could use them if, the toon that got them could not use them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    How a bout a buyable tool that changes soulbound to bound to account and unable to sell PERIOD? Say 25 credits buys the tool then you can choose to make a soul bound item account bound and, unsellable.

That will keep people form handing off everything to alts but, the best items would then be able to be sent to alts that could use them if, the toon that got them could not use them.
    That is perfect, not to overly priced and balanced. This would make me happy.

No.

Absolutely not.

I understand your frustration. I have four level 60 characters and when you're in a dungeon or raid and the drop you've been waiting for months to happen finally happens... and you're on an alt rather than the main which needs it can be incredibly frustrating but think of the drama a change like this would cause in PUGs, e.g. a 2H axe drops and a mage rolls need on it and wins it. When the DPS warrior in the party queries why, the mage replies that they've got a warrior alt and they want to unbind it and send it to them. It's annoying enough when PUGs already press Need on anything they can whether they'd actually use it or not (I'm looking at rogues rolling Need on caster daggers and vice versa). This would give them carte blanche to roll Need on every single item that dropped claiming it's "for my alt".

Rift Master

Why would that tool change whether a character can need on it? You can't say you've never done an expert where crap dropped that no one wanted and everyone greeded or passed - but there's an alt somewhere who might've used it. I think that's what the suggestion is more focused towards.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Doing that would mean that in general, people would run dungeons less, and from what i hear, dungeon queue times suck as it is due to lack of tanks. They have to keep reasons for people to run the content on every toon, not just their main so they can ship everything off to their alts and gear them up without playing them at all.(you can already do that with the cash shop, but that's another discussion entirely.) All of those un-needed soulbound drops are also pretty much the only source of augment crafting mats.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

+ Reply to Thread