+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Artifact Vials Suggestion

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Default Artifact Vials Suggestion

    So with Dream Weaver coming out fairly soonish (I believe they said sometime in February), the prices on artifacts is going to start going up a lot. And once it comes out the prices will go sky high.

    So I am hoping that trion is thinking about this and looking ways to prevent massive price inflation on artifacts.

    I think that is why they added the artifact tracking vials already, but I don't think it will be enough. So I am suggesting a bit of a change to the artifact vials to help increase the amount of artifacts in the market (also adds some more vials to the store $$$)

    So first part is the common sense one of combining the 2 vials that exist, make it one vial that works for twisted if you have quantum sight on.

    My second suggestion, and this is the important one, is to add a percent chance to the vials to get a second or even third artifact from a single spawn. This would be implemented with the same percentages that already used for all other vials (15, 40, 80, 160). The 160% would always give 2 with a 60% chance at a 3rd artifact. The patron one would be 40% just like the rest.

    My final suggestion would be to also have the duration of the vial increase with the quality of it. So the Blue one (15%) would be 15 minutes, Purple (40%) / Patron is 30 minutes, Orange (80%) 1 hour, and the Red (160%) would be 2 hours.

    I think these would sell very well on the store once dream weaving is close to coming out and after.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Happysack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Just plan ahead, it's that simple. You have a month, start preparing, many people are already. Patrons get a 30 min vial, per day, per alt. I know several people, including myself, that have 3k+ artifacts already. It's not hard.
    Sure, the non-patrons, who don't know about dreamweaving, will be left behind, but they can already buy the vials from the store.
    Don't try to fix something, that isn't broken.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Mordrahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Change not needed.
    Shop vials and patron bonus are already here.
    AH has tons of shinies, some rare and expensive and some very cheap, and Dreamweaving works with ANY level of artefacts. So this new craft will help to absorb the useless massive artefacts stock that is already on the market and doesn't sell.
    People will sell them, search for them, use them, sell them if they don't use them. Works as intended, no need to change it.

    Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

  4. #4
    General of Telara Ardor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Massive cost increases = more people buying REX. Working as designed.

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    679

    Default

    I want the prices of artifacts to go up, stupid that blues are going for less then 20pp when they are normally 200pp. With the harvest event, a huge glutton of artifacts were dumped on the market and will take months to adjust back to normal. With 2.6 and Dreamweaving it will suck up the artifacts currently on the AH therefore making the ones we are stashing worse more if we decide to sell them. I've been offloading bags of artifacts to every twink I have to store in their bank slots in preparation.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    I want the prices of artifacts to go up, stupid that blues are going for less then 20pp when they are normally 200pp. With the harvest event, a huge glutton of artifacts were dumped on the market and will take months to adjust back to normal. With 2.6 and Dreamweaving it will suck up the artifacts currently on the AH therefore making the ones we are stashing worse more if we decide to sell them. I've been offloading bags of artifacts to every twink I have to store in their bank slots in preparation.
    back in 1.0 days most blues were 20p range. Very rarely would any be above 50p and only if they were extremely rare. This is where the market needs to be at for dream weaving to be successful in the long term.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Kadeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Yes artifact will cost more, sell for more. Good, might actually pay for the time and trouble of hunting them. (not all of them are simply walk around in safe areas and pick them up, some require Quantum or Omen Sight to even find (a 12k planarite ability.)

    If you want to be a dreamweaver, gather your own artifacts, if not let the ones that only want the plat to buy what dreamweavers make get it by selling artifacts.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    back in 1.0 days most blues were 20p range. Very rarely would any be above 50p and only if they were extremely rare. This is where the market needs to be at for dream weaving to be successful in the long term.
    Back in the 1.0 days we did not receive 6 platinum for running a random dungeon. The entire economy in game has been inflated because of increase of platinum intake from sources like quests and other content, not just from trading.


  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    back in 1.0 days most blues were 20p range. Very rarely would any be above 50p and only if they were extremely rare. This is where the market needs to be at for dream weaving to be successful in the long term.
    Pre storm legion I rarely put a blue artefact on the AH for less than 40 plat, more often it was well over 50 plat and up to 150 plat.

    The rare white artifacts would sell for 100 - 150 plat or more

    I sold more artifacts for more money pre storm legion, the artifact market is not what it used to be and they sell for less than they used to, lots don't sell at all

    dream weaving will be good for moving all those common artifacts nobody has any use for

    really doesn't need any changes to vials, though I am sure Trion will love your idea if they think it will make them more money
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

    tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

  10. #10
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Jonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    Shouldn't require any changes.

    If artifact prices increase, this should actually benefit artifact collectors since you'll be able to sell all the artifacts you have already collected for more. The artifacts you want won't get a massive price increase or anything like that after the market settles down.

    I.e. What's the difference between one Green artifact and another Green artifact for Dreamweaving? There's none (unless one isn't salvageable). In this case, besides 'real' rarity, there's no reason for the market to increase the price of an artifact you might want compared to any other artifact of equal rarity.

    Artifact-farming is simple enough with limited barriers. Patrons also get the Artifact Patron Vials each day.

    There might be more volatility in the prices of Artifacts when Dreamweaving first hits - but again, after the market settles down - even if there is a price increase in artifacts, that just means you'll be able to make more plat with the artifacts you don't want whilst you are hunting for them.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    The best way to avoid the potential inflation in the cost of artefacts is, quite simply, to gather your own. I made a new alt, bought all the bank slots and put 28 slot bags into every slot it has, and have filled them all up with artefacts that my other characters have gathered, ready for when Dreamweaving comes out.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts