+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Artifact Vials Suggestion

Default Artifact Vials Suggestion

So with Dream Weaver coming out fairly soonish (I believe they said sometime in February), the prices on artifacts is going to start going up a lot. And once it comes out the prices will go sky high.

So I am hoping that trion is thinking about this and looking ways to prevent massive price inflation on artifacts.

I think that is why they added the artifact tracking vials already, but I don't think it will be enough. So I am suggesting a bit of a change to the artifact vials to help increase the amount of artifacts in the market (also adds some more vials to the store $$$)

So first part is the common sense one of combining the 2 vials that exist, make it one vial that works for twisted if you have quantum sight on.

My second suggestion, and this is the important one, is to add a percent chance to the vials to get a second or even third artifact from a single spawn. This would be implemented with the same percentages that already used for all other vials (15, 40, 80, 160). The 160% would always give 2 with a 60% chance at a 3rd artifact. The patron one would be 40% just like the rest.

My final suggestion would be to also have the duration of the vial increase with the quality of it. So the Blue one (15%) would be 15 minutes, Purple (40%) / Patron is 30 minutes, Orange (80%) 1 hour, and the Red (160%) would be 2 hours.

I think these would sell very well on the store once dream weaving is close to coming out and after.

Just plan ahead, it's that simple. You have a month, start preparing, many people are already. Patrons get a 30 min vial, per day, per alt. I know several people, including myself, that have 3k+ artifacts already. It's not hard.
    Sure, the non-patrons, who don't know about dreamweaving, will be left behind, but they can already buy the vials from the store.
    Don't try to fix something, that isn't broken.

Change not needed.
    Shop vials and patron bonus are already here.
    AH has tons of shinies, some rare and expensive and some very cheap, and Dreamweaving works with ANY level of artefacts. So this new craft will help to absorb the useless massive artefacts stock that is already on the market and doesn't sell.
    People will sell them, search for them, use them, sell them if they don't use them. Works as intended, no need to change it.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Massive cost increases = more people buying REX. Working as designed.

Rift Master

I want the prices of artifacts to go up, stupid that blues are going for less then 20pp when they are normally 200pp. With the harvest event, a huge glutton of artifacts were dumped on the market and will take months to adjust back to normal. With 2.6 and Dreamweaving it will suck up the artifacts currently on the AH therefore making the ones we are stashing worse more if we decide to sell them. I've been offloading bags of artifacts to every twink I have to store in their bank slots in preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    I want the prices of artifacts to go up, stupid that blues are going for less then 20pp when they are normally 200pp. With the harvest event, a huge glutton of artifacts were dumped on the market and will take months to adjust back to normal. With 2.6 and Dreamweaving it will suck up the artifacts currently on the AH therefore making the ones we are stashing worse more if we decide to sell them. I've been offloading bags of artifacts to every twink I have to store in their bank slots in preparation.
    back in 1.0 days most blues were 20p range. Very rarely would any be above 50p and only if they were extremely rare. This is where the market needs to be at for dream weaving to be successful in the long term.

Yes artifact will cost more, sell for more. Good, might actually pay for the time and trouble of hunting them. (not all of them are simply walk around in safe areas and pick them up, some require Quantum or Omen Sight to even find (a 12k planarite ability.)

If you want to be a dreamweaver, gather your own artifacts, if not let the ones that only want the plat to buy what dreamweavers make get it by selling artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    back in 1.0 days most blues were 20p range. Very rarely would any be above 50p and only if they were extremely rare. This is where the market needs to be at for dream weaving to be successful in the long term.
    Back in the 1.0 days we did not receive 6 platinum for running a random dungeon. The entire economy in game has been inflated because of increase of platinum intake from sources like quests and other content, not just from trading.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Pre storm legion I rarely put a blue artefact on the AH for less than 40 plat, more often it was well over 50 plat and up to 150 plat.

The rare white artifacts would sell for 100 - 150 plat or more

I sold more artifacts for more money pre storm legion, the artifact market is not what it used to be and they sell for less than they used to, lots don't sell at all

dream weaving will be good for moving all those common artifacts nobody has any use for

really doesn't need any changes to vials, though I am sure Trion will love your idea if they think it will make them more money
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Shouldn't require any changes.

If artifact prices increase, this should actually benefit artifact collectors since you'll be able to sell all the artifacts you have already collected for more. The artifacts you want won't get a massive price increase or anything like that after the market settles down.

I.e. What's the difference between one Green artifact and another Green artifact for Dreamweaving? There's none (unless one isn't salvageable). In this case, besides 'real' rarity, there's no reason for the market to increase the price of an artifact you might want compared to any other artifact of equal rarity.

Artifact-farming is simple enough with limited barriers. Patrons also get the Artifact Patron Vials each day.

There might be more volatility in the prices of Artifacts when Dreamweaving first hits - but again, after the market settles down - even if there is a price increase in artifacts, that just means you'll be able to make more plat with the artifacts you don't want whilst you are hunting for them.

The best way to avoid the potential inflation in the cost of artefacts is, quite simply, to gather your own. I made a new alt, bought all the bank slots and put 28 slot bags into every slot it has, and have filled them all up with artefacts that my other characters have gathered, ready for when Dreamweaving comes out.

+ Reply to Thread