+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WORLD events

Soulwalker

Default WORLD events

I do not know if this would mess up the servers but what about World Rift events that result in server bonuses or unlocking temporary content? I am picturing a variety of different events that eventually affect every zone over a set period time and if they are successfully repelled/completed then different server bonuses or content would be available.

Successfully complete events for Freemarch, Silverwood, Gloamwood and Stonefield and get 10% exp bonus, extra marks for running earth based dungeons etc.

Successfully defend all zones (Mathosia, Dusken and Brevane) +50% bonuses, unlock a special vendor or raid or zone.

Again this is a rough idea.

-Kharsi

Champion of Telara

The Volan event in Ashora does that; for 2 hours after a successful completion of the event, an area of the zone is active and has a story quest line and daily quests. That area is unavailable all other times. It's also awesome to farm Truehide there.

They technically do this with Fae Yule Instant Adventures. Complete the IA and for one hour or so Fae yule Artifacts spawn all over the zone. The Unstable Artifacts apparently will be similar. Complete an objective - like a zone event, and the Unstables pop up temporarily all over the zone.

Would be nice to see similar things pop up.

We did have Shard-wide objectives during Carnival 2012. Complete the objectives and get a title.
    Unfortunately there were complaints from the low-pop shards because their objective numbers weren't adjusted and it overall wasn't considered very 'fun'.

I think these sorts of things work better for recurring Zone Events like Volan rather than World Events.

Champion of Telara

There's also "Prismatic Glory", the buff that gives 10 of all stats as well as 5% PA, Favor and Prestige income bonus and is available when a PvP Rift is closed

I'd like to see a zone dependant event that runs longer but, it starts ONLY in Freemarch and Silverwood, and 50% or more of all players on the shard have to get ALL of the achivements for at least one of those zones, then Stonefield and Gloamwood open up for the event, same deal, then the next level zones and so on until finally Ashora and The Dendrome have it.

+ Reply to Thread