+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Furlozza
  • 1 Post By July13th

Thread: Auto-mentoring doiwn

Telaran

Default Auto-mentoring doiwn

In the current Yule Time world event, you need to get gifts from 5 Air rifts. So, you mentor down to L19-20 and go to an unopened rift and use an air lure. You settle in for a bit of fun and games and after just one spell all the critters of that round are dead. You KNOW someone has not mentored down and has come in with L60 weapons/spells blazing and screwed it for anyone else who has now joined in,

I'd therefore like to suggest that during next Yule Time Extravaganza that Automatic mentoring down be applied to all players who step foot outside the main city, be they participating or not in the event.

At all other times these drongos can show their [redacted] for the pathetic implements they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Furlozza View Post
    In the current Yule Time world event, you need to get gifts from 5 Air rifts. So, you mentor down to L19-20 and go to an unopened rift and use an air lure. You settle in for a bit of fun and games and after just one spell all the critters of that round are dead. You KNOW someone has not mentored down and has come in with L60 weapons/spells blazing and screwed it for anyone else who has now joined in,

I'd therefore like to suggest that during next Yule Time Extravaganza that Automatic mentoring down be applied to all players who step foot outside the main city, be they participating or not in the event.

At all other times these drongos can show their [redacted] for the pathetic implements they are.
    I would support auto-mentoring but they could just change the quests so that you need to close rifts and kill creatures that grant experience.

I thought those gifts only came from rift creatures of appropriate level range, atleast thats how most RIFTing based quests work, so if thats the case then I wouldn't see why someone would AOE a lvl 60 rift...unless multiboxing and helping an alt or friend or something. Honestly I'd not be surprised if level 60s weren't mentored down. I can still AOE 1 shot air rifts easily given my PA bonuses and just all the bonuses of the large number of skills and talents that a 61 AOE build would bring.

I haven't done that quest yet to find out if somehow not in level range mobs can still drop the quest awards.

Has anyone tested to see if PA planar rift/invasion defense/offense talents scale when mentoring? I never thought to look into this at all.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 01-08-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I thought those gifts only came from rift creatures of appropriate level range, atleast thats how most RIFTing based quests work,.
    for the fae yule event you did not need to be mentored, which probably should be changed to rifts or creatures that grant experience

A big NO to auto mentoring though
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

No to auto-mentoring. They can just make it so that the quest requires rifts that gives exp so people have to mentor.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Champion of Telara

And this would also in turn make the high levels go to some lvl55+ zone to close Air Rifts, which would then start a sea of QQ from low levels and alts that there are too few lvl50s+ around to open Air Rifts for them and they can't wait for the Air event.

Telaran

I would like to get one thing straight though, I don't always mentor down when in lower levels particularly when scavenging/mining/hunting. Then I want to get it over quick, even though the PA I garner can be quite surprising when mentored down.

It is just that folks sometimes forget... or as stated initially are too boneheaded, to do so.

True, making it that they earn XP/PA would be an aide... but even so there are still boneheads who just like being Big headed... and yes, that was very polite compared to what I was thinking LOL.

+ Reply to Thread