+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hotlipz

Thread: Farming :)

Shadowlander

Default Farming :)

Add farming, where we could craft seeds or buy seeds to start farming with in a merchant. How well you took care of your plants (Depends on how many times you watered the plants when its needed or added fertilizer) will give you a quantity of plants produced to sell. This final products can be used to sell on the plant merchants for some money. Maybe it can also be exchanged for some other type of currencies. I just want to voice out on the farming perspective.

Certain types of seeds takes days to finish producing.

Its just a minigame that could keep you busy

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlipz View Post
    Add farming, where we could craft seeds or buy seeds to start farming with in a merchant. How well you took care of your plants (Depends on how many times you watered the plants when its needed or added fertilizer) will give you a quantity of plants produced to sell. This final products can be used to sell on the plant merchants for some money. Maybe it can also be exchanged for some other type of currencies. I just want to voice out on the farming perspective.

Certain types of seeds takes days to finish producing.

Its just a minigame that could keep you busy
    ....This isn't Runescape.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.
    Omfgllamas@Zaviel (p90)-Main
    Nagashokk@Zaviel (p90)
    Boonay@Zaviel (p90)
    Yawrehto@Zaviel (p90)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Qanasha View Post
    ....This isn't Runescape.
    Why cant we have this feature just because its in runescape? fishing is in runescape, gathering is in runescape. housing is in runescape.

Just a suggestion since i love doing minigame social features in game.

Champion of Telara

What would be its purpose? Would it be a dimension feature? Would it award gear? Would it award any type of currency? Or just fluff? How many people are expected to use it (and therefore validate spending development time on it)?

Go play the Sims 2 or 3, or Runescape or, any number of farming games if that's what you want to do. Rift is a combat game, we already have one farming quest to plant seeds and harvest them, that's enough.

Soulwalker

Default Lol

When I first read this I thought plants vs zombie mini game
    And if they did that's only way I can see them adding this is through the app

I personally would love to grow flowers in my dim. Omg and if they didn't take item count aside from the planter box area it would need. I dont even care if we cant harvest them. Would be awesome to harvest them but holy crap to grow my own garden in Sweethearts.

If it means that you can craft stuff that's potentially unique or not seen often, why not give players another way to spend their time? What's wrong with that?

I have to say this suggestion has been stuck in my head for days now. Some cute little game in the game. I am totally ocd with dreaming about this and what if it was real. Thanks for every time I go to build I start planning a garden. Could you just see us growing dimension items like fruits for fruit bowls or our own pumpkins and flowers for arrangements. Mahogany trees for mahogany planks. I have made a list in my head and it is growing every day of things we could grow to turn into dimension items.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 01-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I have to say this suggestion has been stuck in my head for days now. Some cute little game in the game. I am totally ocd with dreaming about this and what if it was real. Thanks for every time I go to build I start planning a garden. Could you just see us growing dimension items like fruits for fruit bowls or our own pumpkins and flowers for arrangements. Mahogany trees for mahogany planks. I have made a list in my head and it is growing every day of things we could grow to turn into dimension items.
    I think you need to go play EQ2. I say this nicely btw. There you can make wood items from planks etc You CAN harvest seeds in the open world and make foods. You CAN make seasonal items, costumes, furniture, lamps, beds...it's almost endless. Trion imo just doesn't have the resources to do crafting and dimensions anywhere near the scale that game has =(

Halloween was my favorite time to craft when I played EQ2. Problem was, the game engine was totally CPU based and I had to let it go.
    Friends Don't let Friends buy Lock-boxes

I'd like this OP. Not because I particularly like farming, but because I can see it being a nice addition to the game.

.... but not now.

Save it for the Plane of Life!

Really. It'd be a nice addition. Let us place (non-exploitable, expensive, and limited) plots of farm-land on flat portions of dimensions.
    Considering that this is Rift, it would NOT be normal farming. We'd have crazy looking plants, special planar items involved, etc.

I can't think of many combat-related outcomes of it, but I'm sure Trion could think of something that farmers could offer to sell to raiders/PvPers/etc.

Yeah. Sounds good!

But also yeah, save it for later. 3.0 doesn't look like the time for it. If Plane of Life comes in 4.0 or 5.0, I'd be all for it. For now, enjoy the upcoming water mounts, Dreamweaving, that kinda stuff

+ Reply to Thread