+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emotes (etc) - Will we ever be able to sit in chairs?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Emotes (etc) - Will we ever be able to sit in chairs?

Hey ya's!

I have asked this before many months ago but am still wondering if we will ever be able to click on chairs and sit in them in Rift?

There are many other emotes I wonder about but this is the main one and I was just reminded as we run around looking at so many incredible Dimensions.

Thanks.

Yes!
    that be cool, being able to sit in chairs (:

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Chair sitting would be great; I can remember the first time I ever wanted to sit in a chair (technically it was a bench) in Rift, and would love to see it added.

But just for the sake of addressing some issues, and maybe finding solutions, what happens in a dimension when someone places a chair upside down, or uses just the back of a chair for a design on a wall? Does it still behave as a chair? You also would have to make different sitting animations, or poses if they make it insta-snap, for all the different chair/bench heights and designs.

I wonder if it would be possible for Trion to add an emote like AoC had, /danglefeet, which made you sit down in a normal sitting position, with your hands in your lap. It made it possible to sit on nearly anything in the world and look reasonably good. Posts, chairs, fences, walls, roofs, etc.

LOTRO actually uses this, what it does (for some chairs) is when you type the /sit emote it creates the chair to be a size that fits your character then you'd sit down. I'm sure Trion could do it. I actually have been dying to see an MMO that's survival orientated, ya know sleep, water, food, hunting, etc. That always helps with immersion imo.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible for Trion to add an emote like AoC had, /danglefeet, which made you sit down in a normal sitting position, with your hands in your lap. It made it possible to sit on nearly anything in the world and look reasonably good. Posts, chairs, fences, walls, roofs, etc.
    That would be nice, I know exactly what you're talking about and yes it's pretty much seemless, and probably easier than going and messing with chairs

Out of Doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
    I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
    To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
    Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

-- J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread