+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear swap system similar to the wardrobe set system.

Default Gear swap system similar to the wardrobe set system.

First off, I'll make a statement:

1. Yes, I know there are equip macros for swapping gear.

However, this takes up a good amount of inventory space. As a PVPer and a PVEer that enjoys to Tank and DPS in the game it's a pain putting those macros in and it's an even bigger pain that it can take up over 40 inventory slots.

Why can't you guys make a "gear set" system that is literally just copy and paste of the wardrobe system? You go into your character sheet, click the character panel and have 3 or 4 gear slots at the bottom right of the actual sheet that you can swap through just like the wardrobe system. Your "first" gear set is free and if you'd like a third or fourth make them purchasable via credits.

My suggestion is for you guys at Trion to seriously make this happen. It could benefit the company gains through the in game shop and allow players like myself to have that extra space for whatever they need.

Thanks! I really hope someone at Trion reads this and puts this into swing. I'd at least like to see something done about this in the expac if this isn't so simple to do. Having no experience in code, I'm not sure how easy it'd be to do to begin with but it seems like it'd be fairly simple in comparison to adding a system like planar attunement.

Drewpapa

Roles might be able to help you out a bit there. I know it's not exactly like the wardrobe suggestion, but just in case you'd like something to tide you over until .

Rift Disciple

Honestly, it's a horribly clunky solution to a very simple problem. And I do agree with the OP, we need a better way of storing gear for additional roles, specially in a game, were we constantly swap between are active rolls.

Currently, I'm working on a comprehensive list of changes I would like to see in 3.0 because honestly, until 3.0 is ready, I don't see many ground shaking changes to the game.

The above mod can do exactly what you asked for otherwise you can do it manually by using macros.

/saveequip 1 will save your currently equipped gear as set #1
    /loadequip 1 will load the gear you saved into set 1

Then you create a macro
    role 2
    loadequip 1

just change the numbers to match your gear sets and roles

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The above mod can do exactly what you asked for otherwise you can do it manually by using macros.

/saveequip 1 will save your currently equipped gear as set #1
    /loadequip 1 will load the gear you saved into set 1

Then you create a macro
    role 2
    loadequip 1

just change the numbers to match your gear sets and roles
    What the OP seems to be suggesting is a 'paper doll' or 'character page' for each set of equipment... like the wardrobe screen having multiple 'pages', one for each outfit. This would eliminate the need to carry extra gear sets in your bags, and free up space.

Trion probably won't implement this because it's an easy upsell on those two additional bag slots.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

+ Reply to Thread