+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 3 Post By Credo

Thread: Please make souls for PVP only.

Default Please make souls for PVP only.

Because i'm tired to see threads from the same people over and over about how the warriors are OP in PVP and crying about that and asking, begging to the devs to nerfs warriors souls.

Now seriously. Please make PVP souls for all classes and callings and leave the PVE souls available only for PVE activities like dungeons, raids and quests.
    "No pain, No Gain"
    "The supposition that the newcomers need to "learn to play" or "do better" is silly. ~Daglar"

They did. Then they got rid of them.

warriors aren't that OP. U just dont have able to cook them with curry and wassabi
    VODKA BEARS PUTIN

Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Soulwalker

I'm glad they took this out, that would pretty much mean there are only 4 playable classes in PVP.

Maybe one buff and two abilities PER soul that are ONLY useful in PVP, like a sixth point in something is only for PvP would be better. That or make a slew of PvP ONLY roles and force us all to have separate PvP and PvE toons.

A second rule set for every ability in PvP that can be tweaked independently from PvE would be the best answer.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    A second rule set for every ability in PvP that can be tweaked independently from PvE would be the best answer.
    That is what I would prefer.

Champion of Telara

Or in other words every class would be entirely different in PvE and PvP, with only ability names and spell effects being the same. That's why they don't do it.

Champion of Telara

Thy attempted that, to a degree, using vengeance and valor. I'm surprised that they havent tweaked valor upwards considering how laughable TTK is at the moment.

I know you mean taking it further and tweaking individual skill effects but i doubt that will happen any time soon, if at all.
    Last edited by Pett; 01-20-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Rift Chaser

I'm not sure it's been said yet but the problem with PvP in my opinion is that for each class that has nuke specs they are not mitigated enough with PvP stats. Now we all know trion is not going to listen to 90% of what is said about PvP because they don't make money from it but seeing something in which all player abilities are cut in half in PvP even before PvP buffs i feel would take away from how overpowered some things are. One major thing i would love to see is a way to stop those annoying rogues from camping out so much because no other class has a stealth option and we can't even stop them from stealthing. Every single class should have some way to prevent them from stealthing as well as their buff they can cast that stops stealth from being broken for 15 seconds is again too much in PvP. I get on my rogue and enjoy camping flags in PvP and even when someone AoEs the area i have more than enough time to get away, re-stealth, and come back for them.

Plane Walker

^This, a million, billion,trillion, times...THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've given up hope trying to champion this idea though. Trion just flat out refuses to even comment on it, entertain it, put any kind of resource into researching it...w/e you wanna call it. I just don't ever see this happening. For a company that claims so highly of themselves on listening to It's playerbase, this concept would without a doubt almost over night bring back PvP'ers, stop ALL the cry, bring balance to all the classes, bring peace in the middle east etc etc etc.

It's kinda like that Chuck Norris thing? His tear could cure cancer, but he never cries? Trion could cure PvP, but it never tries.
    Friends Don't let Friends buy Lock-boxes

Even credit buyable GOOD PvP abilities or buff that only work in PVP would help. Then PvP might make some money.

My beef with PVP isn't the "pwnage," but the attitudes. You'll find it in every game, clear back to the grandfather of all MUD's, which was named, appropriately enough, MUD. That game was partly based on PVP.

Ever since that game, in every game that's followed, there's always someone who CAN'T enjoy themselves unless they're making you miserable. They CAN'T smile or laugh unless they're making you cry. The ONLY thing that brings them satisfaction is rubbing your nose in it as hard as they can, making you feel as far beneath a human being as they can. NO amount of gear or balance is ever going to fix THAT.
    WTF = FTW spelled backward

+ Reply to Thread