+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 1 Post By Gruntled

Thread: Option: Mark some action bars as "shared".

Default Option: Mark some action bars as "shared".

FF14's UI is in most respects painfully inferior to Rift's, but it has one really nice feature: You can mark specific action bars to be shared between classes (which would have about the same effect as sharing them between roles in Rift).

In my experience, there's a whole lot of buttons which I would like to keep the same between all my roles, but I have to do this by manually updating all 6 roles any time I want to change a button, and recreating them every time I add a role, and... It's annoying. Shared bars would be a nice option.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Ascendant

this would be a huge QOL change, every character, every role I have to spend so much time setting up bars that I really just want to stay the same across all roles
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    FF14's UI is in most respects painfully inferior to Rift's, but it has one really nice feature: You can mark specific action bars to be shared between classes (which would have about the same effect as sharing them between roles in Rift).

In my experience, there's a whole lot of buttons which I would like to keep the same between all my roles, but I have to do this by manually updating all 6 roles any time I want to change a button, and recreating them every time I add a role, and... It's annoying. Shared bars would be a nice option.
    A big /signed from me.

Has been asked for many times and since long ago, but yes pretty please.

this has been asked for many times since launch, i don't see it happening any time soon

but it would be very nice if it did.
    Last edited by krabcat; 01-03-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

I agree with this.

I dont mind setting up the stuff unique to a particular build I have, but my vertical right side bar is just for role swapping, consumables that I need everytime I raid, and all the utility stuff like COA, regular res, soul recall, gear swapping macros, gathering buffs, feasts, and of course all the various snow men I have.

They dont change from build to build and it'd be nice to be able to set a bar as a universal bar that doesnt change whenever I change builds. Make it part of the layout window. We right click that hot bar and it gets set as a universal bar for what currently is there.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 01-03-2014 at 07:58 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Omgosh i love this idea

Soulwalker

Yes please. I keep a bar on the left of my screen specifically for my mount, soul recall, drink, etc, and it would be *REALLY* nice if I didn't have to make the same change again and again over the span of 6 different roles.

+ Reply to Thread