+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pets

Soulwalker

Default Pets

Developers,

Please, please, please give us some variety or ability to modify the looks of pets. Not asking for a massive overhaul, just looks period. Something like a wardrobe function where we could purchase or have drops that would allow us to have different creatures. The pet situation is very stale. Now I don't want to start a flame war on this but as much as I want to try it, I refuse to play a Druid because of the pets. I also know I am not the only person who feels this way there are numerous discussions on this. Not saying either camp on this is right, don't care really. I don't care if some internet psychiatrist thinks they know why I don't want to run around with a fairy following me, keep it to them self. I will keep to myself what I feel about someone who does want to run around with a fairy following them around. To each their own. Again I would not expect changes to the mechanics of pets, just some variety in appearance. It's hard to distinguish pets where there are multiple hunters in a fight. Several pros for variety, not heard a good one against.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

yep, druid pets are hella ugly. i'd swap my tank pet for a treant pet any day!!! or maybe get healed by a wisp.... or have a corgi attack my foes.

plus, druid is missing an ability to ACTIVELY heal the pet. the current ability only heals the bet when the pet damages/heals stuff... and its put quite deep in the skill tree. i'd like to have an active heal like the necro/ele pets get. but that might make the pet too OP.

possibly make it so that you could replace your pet with a companion. idk how well this would work with larger pets like the necros maybe there is a scale option that can be easily tweaked but if not then i guess people would just be running around with small pets.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    yep, druid pets are hella ugly. i'd swap my tank pet for a treant pet any day!!! or maybe get healed by a wisp.... or have a corgi attack my foes.

plus, druid is missing an ability to ACTIVELY heal the pet. the current ability only heals the bet when the pet damages/heals stuff... and its put quite deep in the skill tree. i'd like to have an active heal like the necro/ele pets get. but that might make the pet too OP.
    The reason Druid will not have a true pet heal is because the Faerie Mender is a Healer-based pet for the Soul. She will heal herself when she takes damage or she will heal you when you are taking damage. So having a heal skill for Druid becomes redundant in the case of the one pet.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDemise View Post
    The reason Druid will not have a true pet heal is because the Faerie Mender is a Healer-based pet for the Soul. She will heal herself when she takes damage or she will heal you when you are taking damage. So having a heal skill for Druid becomes redundant in the case of the one pet.
    not true, any druid pet can heal itself and its owner by doing damage or healing. its a druid buff/toggle, i forget its name.

Yes, i ould appreciate being able to change the color and armor of the pet, make its armor dye-able maybe.

This is long overdue. Add a pet groomer and let us change models/skins etc.

There are so many cool models in this game that would really be nice to use.

As to the Druid, I am afraid we are likely stuck with it for the foreseeable future. The old model however (see signature) was much better then the one we have now. There were another one with wings, before that, which again, I thought was better then what we have now.

Why can't we at least choose between current and old models ? Druid actually has two pets sharing the same model ! How Lazy is that ?

I wish before they start working on "Companion" pets, they address this issue first.

+ Reply to Thread