+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making Guild Dimensions relevant win/win

Default Making Guild Dimensions relevant win/win

At peak times it can get a little crowded at Tempest Bay, even Meridian.
    How about giving people more reason to visit their guild dimensions?

Crafting and AH in a guild dimension would be pretty nice. You can constantly see your guildies plus it would make it a lot easier to get around in the cities without people constantly running back forth from the crafting area to the AH and lowering everone's FPS while they are at it.

If not these things, perhaps other things. I think I'd enjoy a game that would constantly have guildies meeting up and hanging out while they are doing things that help their characters.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Soulwalker

I would love to see this. Also, the ability to queue for warfronts and automatically return to a dim after a warfront rather than being dropped back to where you were in world would be nice.
    Last edited by Nyew; 01-02-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Yes / no

While crafting and banking from your guild / personal dim would be amazing they would easily be taken advantage of because you can enter them from anywhere
    Imagine farming a lot of items being able to tele to your dim craft everything then tele right back to where you were farming
    Only way I can see this working is if you had a cools down on entering or better yet on the station you use say like 30 min
    So you could enter and no use no cool down
    You enter and use and can you until you leave
    You enter agian and can't use until 30 min has passed since last time you used
    Other way would be to add a fee per use..
    Crafting table costs 50s / item to use and 5s goes to guild bank
    Gives tripn another money sink

Quote Originally Posted by Varothi View Post
    Crafting and AH in a guild dimension would be pretty nice.
    Without been 100% sure on this and not able to find and link where i 'think' i saw this, fairly sure it's been said by some Dev that they want to maintain the cities as the focal point for people to "hang out"

Imagine if you could do AH, craft, etc in your Dimension and/or the Guild Dimension? Tempest Bay would start looking like a ghost town, Sanctum and Meridian would become ghost towns, not exactly something you'd like new players to see and think the game is dead

That would be nice, and it could be for guild and private dimensions.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Imagine if you could do AH, craft, etc in your Dimension and/or the Guild Dimension? Tempest Bay would start looking like a ghost town, Sanctum and Meridian would become ghost towns, not exactly something you'd like new players to see and think the game is dead
    I agree totally reason I said that tere would need to be a few or a limit.. Tho at peak times it would be nice because it would help reduce lag due to less people being in one area so I know people would be more than willing to pay just to avoid some of the lag

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chewychunga View Post
    I agree totally reason I said that tere would need to be a few or a limit.. Tho at peak times it would be nice because it would help reduce lag due to less people being in one area so I know people would be more than willing to pay just to avoid some of the lag
    They just need to make the Hide Player hotkey a toggle and not needed to be held to hide players. That would solve the FPS issues people have in cities.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDemise View Post
    They just need to make the Hide Player hotkey a toggle and not needed to be held to hide players. That would solve the FPS issues people have in cities.
    True but I don't want to hide everyone just anyone I don't know / not guildies
    Also need to fix it so I can invite friends to gdim or any other dim I don't personally own but can enter

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Without been 100% sure on this and not able to find and link where i 'think' i saw this, fairly sure it's been said by some Dev that they want to maintain the cities as the focal point for people to "hang out"

This is true. I really like the idea of being able to craft in dimensions, but at the cost of potentially making it worse, this is something to leave out.

I'm not sure how much is up to trion, and how much is up to each guild as to how you use your own dimension and whether you encourage guild members to visit it.

+ Reply to Thread