+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion to make more class hybridization

Default Suggestion to make more class hybridization

I've seen a number of people talk about how most specs now are just 61 point into one soul, and have heard a decent amount of people express interest in Trion making more hybrid options be viable again.

My idea is basically to add new abilities that would be unlocked after putting a certain amount of points into two (or maybe even all 3) specific souls that would combine the abilities of the selected souls. For example, mixing MM and Sab could give bomb arrows or Ranger mixed with Assassin could allow for poison arrows/pet attacks (sorry for only using Rogue souls as examples, I only play a Rogue so I have no real knowledge on other callings). This could additionally combine buffs or create hybrid passive abilities.

In the long run, it likely wouldn't make a huge difference because people would test every possible combination and shortly thereafter have a comprehensive list of which spec is top, and a majority of people would use that "best spec" while still others will play how they enjoy playing or simply refuse to use a cookie cutter spec, but I think this would be a relatively easy way to add a bit more variation into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinspace View Post
    I've seen a number of people talk about how most specs now are just 61 point into one soul, and have heard a decent amount of people express interest in Trion making more hybrid options be viable again.

My idea is basically to add new abilities that would be unlocked after putting a certain amount of points into two (or maybe even all 3) specific souls that would combine the abilities of the selected souls. For example, mixing MM and Sab could give bomb arrows or Ranger mixed with Assassin could allow for poison arrows/pet attacks (sorry for only using Rogue souls as examples, I only play a Rogue so I have no real knowledge on other callings). This could additionally combine buffs or create hybrid passive abilities.

In the long run, it likely wouldn't make a huge difference because people would test every possible combination and shortly thereafter have a comprehensive list of which spec is top, and a majority of people would use that "best spec" while still others will play how they enjoy playing or simply refuse to use a cookie cutter spec, but I think this would be a relatively easy way to add a bit more variation into the game.
    This is a cool idea, and I think I've seen things like it suggested, but I like the specific idea of having abilities you get for a specific hybrid.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread