+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change the daily raid rifts so anyone who participates is eligible.

Default Change the daily raid rifts so anyone who participates is eligible.

Was just kicked from a DRR before stage 4 because the main tank didn't like seeing the tank icon next to my name, even though I was using stalker phase and not pulling any agro. Despite being the person to invite 7 people to the slow forming DRR group, I'm now no longer eligible for the reward, despite staying for the full 6 stages even when I'm not in the raid?

That seems a bit of an oversight Trion, so I'll forgive you this one time.

Could you please fix this so anyone who participates in stages 4-6 are eligible for the quest reward?

The issue here isn't how DRRs work, which has stayed the same since launch, i.e. you have to be in the party when the end boss dies to get the reward, but a combination of a DPS who shouldn't have been using enough of a tanking soul to be flagged as a tank, and an idiotic main tank who kicked you because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    The issue here isn't how DRRs work, which has stayed the same since launch, i.e. you have to be in the party when the end boss dies to get the reward, but a combination of a DPS who shouldn't have been using enough of a tanking soul to be flagged as a tank, and an idiotic main tank who kicked you because of it.
    I've only recently hit 60 on the toon and tanked dungeons to do it, so I don't have any dps gear. I highly doubt I would have been able to pull more than 3k in tank gear in any other dps spec either. However, my point is, there will always be undesirable people like that, and the best way to minimize the frustration in a scenario like this would be to just allow anyone who has tagged into at least 50% of the raid rift to be eligible for the reward.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and postulate that the tank or leader/lure holder, whoever was running the show, asked the OP to change at least once.

. I highly doubt I would have been able to pull more than 3k in tank gear in any other dps spec either. However, my point is, there will always be undesirable people like that, and the best way to minimize the frustration in a scenario like this would be to just allow anyone who has tagged into at least 50% of the raid rift to be eligible for the reward.
    Weather you pull 3k or not in a DPS spec, the issue isn't Rift, its a person unwilling to follow the leaders commands and suffering his consequences for it.

NOTE: I am neither justifying nor condemning this kind of behavior of kicking people from raids, simply proposing an alternative hypothesis for the general public's contemplation.
    \

+ Reply to Thread