+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General's Order should only target mobs outside of melee range

Default General's Order should only target mobs outside of melee range

Currently it just targets random (or seemingly random) mobs. Was trying to put together a farming build and thought GO would be a great way to deal with pesky ranged mobs. Nope. Nine times out of ten it just summons mobs that are already standing next to me, making it fairly useless in many situations.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Currently it just targets random (or seemingly random) mobs. Was trying to put together a farming build and thought GO would be a great way to deal with pesky ranged mobs. Nope. Nine times out of ten it just summons mobs that are already standing next to me, making it fairly useless in many situations.
    Stupid question.. but... i have to ask... are you targeting the ranged mob when you cast it? I haven't really noticed any issues with it, but i haven't used my warrior recently, but when i did, i pulled groups of ranged trash to me all the time while fighting the closest melee.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

My understanding is that it's a PBAE and thus not a targeted attack. I think the issue is that I'm killing groups of 18-24 mobs at a time with about 2/3 of them being melee. The ranged mobs are close enough, but only one--if any--gets pulled.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Last I checked it was targeted, not PBAOE.
    Nope.

Definitely targetted, and not PBAOE. If it was PBAOE, it would only pull the ones close to you, and would be working as intended(i think the Cleric's one taunt is this way.) But since its targeted, if you start selecting the ranged guy in the middle of the group you want to pull, it will start working much better for you
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    if you start selecting the ranged guy in the middle of the group you want to pull, it will start working much better for you
    Which would be great if the ranged we're grouped up and not spread all around. Oh well, guess I'll just have to settle for a less efficient farming spec.

Does seem like a weird ability to be a targeted AE.

Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 12-17-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread