+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Couple of QOL Improvements

Default A Couple of QOL Improvements

Here are a few ideas I have to help improve Rift. I will add to this list as I think of more things.

1. Create a "Factions" sub-menu on the Rift Store.

We don't need any premium Notoriety items to buy with credits, but having all of the items already available to us gathered in one place would make for a lot less hassle (much like how Reagents and recipes are on the Deeps).

2. More entrances to Iron Pine Peak.

I realize this zone was recently renovated, but I think there's still room for improvement. Mob-clustering not-withstanding (seriously, it's like a mosh pit almost everywhere you go), it's a little difficult for first-timers to still find their way into the zone, and Defiant-allied ones more so! Consider adding an entrance/exit for the zone at the southern trail for the Chancel of Labors where it tapers off towards MH, or perhaps one at the northern head of SG through some kind of cool tunnel.

Thanks for reading/commenting!

Default #s 3 and 4

3. Change the function of /sit

As someone who has RPed at least once before, I can attest to the importance of the /sit emote. When it doesn't work properly, it can "break immersion", or just plain look funny. Change the function of /sit, so that characters who are already sitting *stand up* when they use it.

4. Fix the difficulty coloring of Shimmersand & Stillmoor

I'm level 41 right now on one of my characters. Shimmersand (43-50) is red to me. Red means death in MMO-language, typically. However, I could go there and start running the lowest level quests and killing those same level mobs without too much difficulty. Stillmoor (45-50), on the other hand, is orange, which precedes red in difficulty. I cannot go there without probably dying or having much difficulty. Fix this please.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by 3TUTelara View Post
    3. Change the function of /sit

As someone who has RPed at least once before, I can attest to the importance of the /sit emote. When it doesn't work properly, it can "break immersion", or just plain look funny. Change the function of /sit, so that characters who are already sitting *stand up* when they use it.
    I'm not sure I'm /following you on this. You can just push forward to stand back up, why re-type /sit to stand back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyloch View Post
    I'm not sure I'm /following you on this. You can just push forward to stand back up, why re-type /sit to stand back up?
    Allow me to clarify.

When you're sitting and you want to stand up, normally you would press a movement key (as you said). However, in Rift this moves your character and breaks the sitting animation. There's no /stand animation is I guess what I'm getting at.

Default Oops!

I'd like to make an edit (here, since I can't on the post) to #4.

It seems Shimmersand may have been "under siege" while I took note of this QOL suggestion, which would explain why its difficulty coloring was red, rather than yellow like it's showing now. My bad.

Default 5 and 6

5. Expand wish list functionality

When I say this, I don't mean that the wish list needs to be overhauled or that it's broken. It works perfectly fine, but it only works for items that you see in the Store or on a vendor. It would be awesome if it worked for every item, so that you could check off auction house listings, items linked in chat, drops, etc.

6. Add filters to the crafting menu

This one's pretty self-explanatory, but filters would make crafting for a specific armor piece, potion, etc. very easy to find in the menu. A few suggested filters are level range, materials, slot (wep. and arm.), and effect (for potions and food).

Default Moar

7. Extend Notoriety levels for Factions

Some zone-specific factions do not have the full kahuna when it comes to notoriety levels. These could be expanded and allow for more fluff for the completionists, achievement hunters, etc.

8.More Wardrobe slot and Bank Bag slots/vaults

This one is fairly obvious; people are always asking for more space, so why not give it to them? Not much needs to be said.

9. Make Fortune's Shore *Special*

It's such a cool place; it has its own port, slums (of sorts), markets, and it's just, plain, COOL! However, it's also mostly just a quest hub. During my recent adventures to the settlement, I was hoping to find something secret in the area, like a Trader's Market where rare items are only sold. But, I was disappointed. Maybe just a new coat of paint would work, if nothing else.

10. Revamp Scarlet Gorge

As is, Scarlet Gorge does not seem to serve much purpose in the old world. Its suggested level range of 27-29 is very narrow, resulting in many players skipping over the zone's quests with IAs or just not staying there long enough to find out what's going on in the region. Stretch the level range to, say, 25-30 so that players enter the region earlier and leave it later

Sorry to sound like a broken record today!

+ Reply to Thread