+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A very big suggestion...

Default A very big suggestion...

If I could give you a single finger salute for the inept handling of Fae Yule, it would be the biggest salute you'd ever see. Just FTFG!!! then ask for further wants and wishes. The enormous amount of load screens, the immense lag times and the pitiful rewards have not only made this recent festival attempt a farce, but it shows the complete disdain with which Trion views RIFT. So sad to tell you but... Defiance SUCKS!!! I've played it, I know. Spend more time and resources where they are needed... right here in RIFT. Being great at one thing is better than failing at many.

Videogames are serious business
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tacheon View Post
    If I could give you a single finger salute for the inept handling of Fae Yule, it would be the biggest salute you'd ever see. Just FTFG!!! then ask for further wants and wishes. The enormous amount of load screens, the immense lag times and the pitiful rewards have not only made this recent festival attempt a farce, but it shows the complete disdain with which Trion views RIFT. So sad to tell you but... Defiance SUCKS!!! I've played it, I know. Spend more time and resources where they are needed... right here in RIFT. Being great at one thing is better than failing at many.
    I think its time you upgrade your PC XD

EDIT: I do agree that Trion is severely overextending with Defiance, Rift, Archage, Trove, and End of Nations.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 12-12-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post

EDIT: I do agree that Trion is severely overextending with Defiance, Rift, Archage, Trove, and End of Nations.
    That's what makes me sooo mad. I just got it out of the shop yesterday. Got basically a new system in my old box built around my mid-level video card (ATI Radeon 4870 w/1GB). I got a new 250 GB HDD, some kind of new gaming motherboard, and 10GB L3 RAM. I should be having no problems with the game. I even have a mid-level cable connection. I think I've taken care of everything on my end... don't you?

Telaran

That's what makes me sooo mad. I just got it out of the shop yesterday. Got basically a new system in my old box built around my mid-level video card (ATI Radeon 4870 w/1GB). I got a new 250 GB HDD, some kind of new gaming motherboard, and 10GB L3 RAM. I should be having no problems with the game. I even have a mid-level cable connection. I think I've taken care of everything on my end... don't you?
    You have some kind of gaming motherboard and a 250BG hard drive . and 10 GB of ram.. My old Dell laptop XPS 1710 (5 yrs old) has more then that and will not play this game good, even without fae yule crap. I bought a better one a Asus ROG G75VW I did take care of things on my end dont you think... Btw it run Rift just fine.. Stop blaming Trion for your misery..
    Quote Originally Posted by orlan View Post
    im pretty sure it was cerealkiller

Shield of Telara

Considering Rift is the only team that has remained semi-intact and wasnt pillaged to help another title I cant see how this is correct.

Also, End of Nations has zero devs on it, as they already said long ago. Archeage only has a localization team on it, as they said long ago. So, uhh, you seem to be agreeing with something that's not accurate at all.

Yule is fine, no lag or loading screens \except if transferring to IPP via the portal and, that is supposed to be there. I'd agree you need a PC Upgrade.

As for Trion overextending with 4 games: How do you figure? Look at EA Games, 100's of game from one company and, available for several platforms as well. I wouldn't expect a gaming company to have just one game, be a small, maybe ran form home company if it did and probably not have the skilled team the game really needs so, would be a piece of junk anyway.

Ascendant

Nope. MMO's don't care (to an extent) about your hard drive or graphics card or even your cable connection. They are all about the processor.

That being said, I run an i3 (should have just spent the extra for an i5) and I can run RIFT on ULTRA settings around 20 FPS in tempest bay, 12 during the snowflake event. If I turn them down on the auto tuner slightly, I get upwards of 40 FPS in tempest bay.

All of this being said, Rift is horribly optimized, but so much better than it was. Adjust the settings to your computer, we all know is poorly optimized. Your whining isn't going to fix your problems.
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    Considering Rift is the only team that has remained semi-intact and wasnt pillaged to help another title I cant see how this is correct.

Also, End of Nations has zero devs on it, as they already said long ago. Archeage only has a localization team on it, as they said long ago. So, uhh, you seem to be agreeing with something that's not accurate at all.
    Where did I mention a dev? Did I ever say that the Rift team was spread to thin? You seem to be putting words in my mouth. Please don't do that, I don't know where you've had them.
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    As for Trion overextending with 4 games: How do you figure? Look at EA Games, 100's of game from one company and, available for several platforms as well
    TRION WORLDS $25 to $50 million (USD) per year

Source: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Wo...3663.11,23.htm

EA $4.14 Billion

Source: http://www.therichest.com/business/t...e-companies/6/

Accuracy doesn't matter as my intent is to simply show the difference in size. Your analogy is horribly flawed because of the size of the companies vs the commitment of money they are making.
    \

Shield of Telara

Where did I mention a dev? Did I ever say that the Rift team was spread to thin? You seem to be putting words in my mouth. Please don't do that, I don't know where you've had them.
    Seriously???

You said "I do agree that Trion is severely overextending with Defiance, Rift, Archage, Trove, and End of Nations."

Let me guess, you were talking about janitors..

Rift Chaser

Since when was 1GB GPU mid level ? that's entry level now ....

+ Reply to Thread