+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redpalo

Thread: Dimension Global Channel

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Global Channel

Hi Trion,

We have a situation with the player-made dimension chat channel. While a lot of players remain neutral and really need this channel for advice and general questions about dimensions, and making friends that are like minded (I'm one of those people), others have sort of treated it as a psuedo-guild and there are some major power struggles at the moment as best I can see. People are trying to make even the neutral players take sides and it has gotten ugly and especially using whomever is the current "moderator" of the channel to kick people, say things like "you can't be in the channel because you don't agree with X" etc. etc. Some are also trying to implement rules on what can be said in the channel i.e. "You can't talk about anything you've heard upcoming about dimensions unless it is on the PTS already." All this is causing drama that a majority of those in the channel really could care less about.

Perhaps you have an idea I haven't thought of but here are 2 things I've thought of

1. If you could make us a channel that has no moderator, it would take away at least 2 major aspects of the problem. A. using the moderator status to kick and ban would not be possible. B. perhaps people will realize that the general chat rules inside the channel are the same as any other channel and that's the way it is no player can crown themselves "moderator." This is the best option to me but would definitely be a departure from culture of the game, I don't think you have anything else like this, however... if you would consider it I would appreciate it.

2. At the very least if you could make a global dimension channel, one that could be joined while you are IN A DIMENSION, to all the other players that are in dimensions, that would be good too, a lot of the dimension geeks are in their dimensions often, and then people working on dimensions at least would have a pool of people to chat with while they do and ask advice, etc. Similar to how "trade" is only on while in a major city.

Trion, please help those of us in the Dimensionaddicts channel have an alternative to the current problems in the channel

Thanks very much
    Last edited by Redpalo; 12-12-2013 at 12:36 AM.

I know you said at the very least one for when your in a dimension. I want to make the plea to have a dim channel outside of dims to.

Off topic. And my new fav pet thing. I want to give a friendly reminder it is ok to click ignore. Even if it is a temporary ignore tell the two party's stop arguing. Always always cant stress it enough always click spam on the trolls.

Also dont get tricked (like me)by the nasty lvl 1 trolls we are getting lately trying to drag peoples names through the mud. Most of the people in chat are good people.

Soulwalker

Default Please help us

Please help us. Please... Even if I want to quit this channel whats going on is a nightmare sometimes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    On 12/21/2013 11:20 am wrote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

would like to report or complain about player badmann. he is in a chat many people use dimensionaddicts (i think @deepwood) and today he is doing (again he has done it before) he is inviting everyone kicking them then inviting then kicking then inviting then kicking. just the window popping up over and over is disrupting my play and even though I put him on IGNORE the window keeps popping up and he is doing it REPEATEDLY to many people. Please look into it and ban this guy from ever having control over the channel if possible or something? This is an ongoing issue for this chat group he is abusing it and making life miserable for the others. There must be some game rule against spamming invites. Thank you

Soulwalker

I send the guy a tell, "stop sending me invites I can't even play the game" and he spams me even more. /cry

+ Reply to Thread