+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No love for bows?

Default No love for bows?

Looking over the Fae Yule items and I see Ice Sword, Ice Scythe, Ice Dagger and a Snowflake Staff. Is there no bow version? Then there's the Particle Charge... causes your weapon to sparkle with energy from the plane of air. Usable on Axe, Dagger, Mace, Sword, Two-Handed Axe, Hammer, Polearm, Two-Handed Sword, Staff... basically everything apart from bows, as per usual with weapon enchants. As a rogue who uses a ranged spec, why is there never anything I can use to make my weapon look cool(er). We would like to make our weapon glow too, you know. Please give some love to bows this Christmas.

But you didn't mention guns. Do you not have love for guns?

so basically ranged weapons, not just bows
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

If you apply a weapon-glow item to your melee weapons, it means that you cannot have anything else on it such as whetstones / oilstones / powerstones. That means you either have something that gives you extra stats, or you get a cool glow, you can't have both. If you allowed bows / guns to be shiny, that would mean rogues could have shiny ranged weapons and the AP buffs.

Honestly, I always forget about guns. They seem even less featured than bows. Although at least gun enthusiasts have the Flamethrower from the The Saga of the Wanton Maw, which has a permanent fire effect. I can understand having no ranged weapon buffs/glows in the PA trees since rogues have the melee buffs/glows which still count towards ranged damage, but it would just be nice to have something like particle charge that would actually work on bows/guns and whatnot. I don't really understand why most ranged weapons are omitted.
    Last edited by Laputa; 12-16-2013 at 10:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread